HSV Forum

Page 3 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
    Be careful getting brembos many people don't rate them at all. That said some Cadillac CTS-V came with 6 pot fronts and are cheapish from the states new. DBA have rotors that fit.

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Can it be done?? Stock gts has 20 inch rims

Really not happy with stock gts brakes and yes ive tried it all

Thanks
    VF HSV can be fitted to the VE HSV but some mods are needed. In many cases the piston sizes in the calipers are the same from one model to the other and the rotor sizes are not much different so spending thousands of dollars doesn't alway benefit braking performance.

VF have 14mm threads in the front and not 12mm like VE and pre VE. Piston sizes in the VF and VE HSV calieprs in the front are the same and takes the same pad only rotor in VF is 2mm bigger.

VF GTS rear hasa larger handbrake size than the VF and VE HSV cars so wont fit.

VE HSV and GTS 4/4 Set up is 365mm front / 350mm rear
    VE GTS E3 6/4 378mm front / 350mm rear (rear same)

VF HSV 4/4 367mm front / 367mm rear. 14mm front threads in calipers
    VF GTS 6/4 390mm front - 372mm rear. (Rear handbrake different size)

Be careful fitting generic brand copy brake kits and WILWOOD to your dream car.

If your not worried about Dust there are some great pad choices out there you just need to ring me.
    Last edited by RBSMATT; 27-02-2019 at 07:42 PM. Reason: update

Matt Pearce
    Race Brakes Sydney
    PH 02 9609 1101
    www.racebrakessydney.com.au

Some great info there Matt, thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by RBSMATT View Post
    VF HSV can be fitted to the VE HSV but some mods are needed. In many cases the piston sizes in the calipers are the same from one model to the other and the rotor sizes are not much different so spending thousands of dollars doesn't alway benefit braking performance.

VF have 14mm threads in the front and not 12mm like VE and pre VE. Piston sizes in the VF and VE HSV calieprs in the front are the same and takes the same pad only rotor in VF is 2mm bigger.

VF GTS rear hasa larger handbrake size than the VF and VE HSV cars so wont fit.

VE HSV and GTS 4/4 Set up is 365mm front / 350mm rear
    VE GTS E3 6/4 378mm front / 350mm rear (rear same)

VF HSV 4/4 367mm front / 367mm rear. 14mm front threads in calipers
    VF GTS 6/4 390mm front - 372mm rear. (Rear handbrake different size)

Be careful fitting generic brand copy brake kits and WILWOOD to your dream car.

If your not worried about Dust there are some great pad choices out there you just need to ring me.
    Have you found problems with Wilwood? I used Wilwood when running in modified production speedway, over 15yrs ,and never had a problem, used 6 different sets of calipers, Rotors n hats. They were only 2 and 4 pot and speedway is different conditions to the road....

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Have you found problems with Wilwood? I used Wilwood when running in modified production speedway, over 15yrs ,and never had a problem, used 6 different sets of calipers, Rotors n hats. They were only 2 and 4 pot and speedway is different conditions to the road....
    Yes the Speedway use them and they are very affordable. The rules and regulations for road use vary alot from the USA to Australia and most people are seeing the American car resto shows using them so they think they are ok. We get so many phone calls from all over Australia with people having issues with Wilwood and generic brake kits that i reckon i should start charging for advice lol. We also removed some kits and remade new ones for a few guys as well.

Matt Pearce
    Race Brakes Sydney
    PH 02 9609 1101

I heard many years ago that Wilwood brakes were not ADR'd & were not suitable for road use relative to dust & water sealing?
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I heard many years ago that Wilwood brakes were not ADR'd & were not suitable for road use relative to dust & water sealing?
    Pickles.
    That is correct. They do now have some part numbers with dust seals for this market but they are still not as good in my belief as Brembo, AP Racing and Alcon. Most engineers and inspection guys will still not p*** them for rego or engineering although some have been know to do it.
    Some AP Racing calipers and generic brands don't have external dust boots either but do run a internal wiper seal for dust.

Matt Pearce
    Race Brakes Sydney
    PH 02 9609 1101

Any Idea where I can look up the rotor thickness for VE GTS 4 pots?

Quote Originally Posted by abuch47 View Post
    Any Idea where I can look up the rotor thickness for VE GTS 4 pots?
    The DBA website
    VE HSV Front 32mm New - 30mm Min
    VE HSV Rear 26mm New - 24mm Min

Matt Pearce
    Race Brakes Sydney
    PH 02 9609 1101

Ive seen wilwood on a lot of street cars here

Thread Information