HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    GMH Parts Monkey gave you the part numbers already. Maybe quizz your local HSV dealer.
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 3 - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual

Daily - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Project - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082

Quote Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
    clearly a waste of time being on this forum, time to delete account
    You've had 5 guys give their input on this. I recon that's a good response when you take into account what you are asking for.

I thought asking a HSV dealer would have been the first point of contact.........
    GTSR Maloo MotorTorque'd and Chilled

Quote Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
    So you think that's a good response based on the fact you don't find it interesting or of value yourself. Did you count yourself as one of those that also replied who didn't provide information? How many HSV parts dealers are open and taking calls at 3am when I'm on my day off, and have access to photos or knowledge, rather than just being a parts interpreter who can click on a screen. Yes, I've been there. Not for this but other HSV and VX questions that they found trivial but still couldn't answer.
    Mate, you're bagging the forum because you didn't get an answer within a time frame that you yourself have dictated. Take a Chill Out pill and it may be helpful to refrain from being so abrasive when you don't get things your own way. You'll find forum members will be more helpful if you show some patience and a bit of respect for the ones who have given their knowledge and insights even if you think it is strictly valid or not. It is a forum to discuss and try to find an outcome if possible, not a repository to solely answer your questions and nothing more.

The last time I was suffering insomnia and jumped onto the HSV forum at around 3am there were as many members on the forum as there were HSV dealerships open and taking calls. Admittedly that was from QLD in summer so it would have been 4am daylight saving time.

How does anyone know whether they can help or not if they don't read the w**** or most of a forum. I just found it disappointing that you seem to think it is our (the forum's) fault that you haven't been able to rectify your grille issue.

The fact that GMH Parts Monkey wrote
    I've got a set of clubsport upper and lower mesh here, they've been on the shelf for the last 10 years
    shows that is is not a topic that many would probably be able to help with especially when many members don't frequent the forums as much as they used to. But then again someone else who may have been looking for a grille may have read his post and profited from the experience.

Then again if you feel that it is
    clearly a waste of time being on this forum, time to delete account
    then there is nothing further anyone might be able to ***ist you with.

Hope you find what you're looking for.......

Hmmmmm..Seems like Aus78Formula has left the room...

Quote Originally Posted by markost View Post
    Mate, you're bagging the forum because you didn't get an answer within a time frame that you yourself have dictated. Take a Chill Out pill and it may be helpful to refrain from being so abrasive when you don't get things your own way. You'll find forum members will be more helpful if you show some patience and a bit of respect for the ones who have given their knowledge and insights even if you think it is strictly valid or not. It is a forum to discuss and try to find an outcome if possible, not a repository to solely answer your questions and nothing more.

The last time I was suffering insomnia and jumped onto the HSV forum at around 3am there were as many members on the forum as there were HSV dealerships open and taking calls. Admittedly that was from QLD in summer so it would have been 4am daylight saving time.

How does anyone know whether they can help or not if they don't read the w**** or most of a forum. I just found it disappointing that you seem to think it is our (the forum's) fault that you haven't been able to rectify your grille issue.

The fact that GMH Parts Monkey wrote
    shows that is is not a topic that many would probably be able to help with especially when many members don't frequent the forums as much as they used to. But then again someone else who may have been looking for a grille may have read his post and profited from the experience.

Then again if you feel that it is then there is nothing further anyone might be able to ***ist you with.

Hope you find what you're looking for.......
    Nice level headed reply markost. Thank you

Some people just cant be helped....

Quote Originally Posted by markost View Post

After reading his comments I actually went and did a little research just to see how hard it was... (also to further fill my mind with useless HSV criterion).
    Good old friend Carsales, you can get a pretty good scope of what came with what by looking at a few different examples. Even the #0001 auctioned off via Shannons still has pictures readily available.

It only took me half an hour...
    For the sake of others who may read this in the future, it seems the example currently on Holmart is correct.
    (Interesting enough, also the part # that GMH Monkey gave... and also visible on GTS #0001).
    I'd also suggest the silver colour is accurate.

VT GTS uses a different, more square mesh.
    VX-VZ Clubsport use the diamond shaped mesh, seemingly darkened. VY GTS uses the same mesh, but silver.

Again, don't take this as fact, I don't know for sure, and merely used Carsales and Google search as my 'textbook' if you will.
    It should get those who are interested (and seemingly a little more patient) on the right path.
    Afterall... half an hour worth of looking...
    Last edited by skaifeman; 22-01-2019 at 03:16 PM.

fwiw, the VX clubsport mesh is approx. 22mm wide 7mm high

I have a VZ Clubsport upper mesh panel (14A-1040610) here and the mesh is approx. 22mm wide 11mm high

I have taken photos of both with a 5c coin for scale if anyone *really* needs them

Quote Originally Posted by GMH Parts Monkey View Post
    fwiw, the VX clubsport mesh is approx. 22mm wide 7mm high

I have a VZ Clubsport upper mesh panel (14A-1040610) here and the mesh is approx. 22mm wide 11mm high

I have taken photos of both with a 5c coin for scale if anyone *really* needs them
    This is where the "patience" would have come into play

Thread Information