HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Angry 6L80E standard tune file needed

Hi all,
    I desperately need the standard tune file for a 6L80E which is currently set up completely wrong from an incompetent tuner!
    Could someone please help me out, even with just some screen shots...?
    I've paid a shit load of money for mods only to have to take the car 1000kms to have someone else charge me again.

Thanks heaps!!!

is it hpt or efi ? either u should be able to look at the tune repository to find a stock one would be the easiest way, even standard is different in some too

What issues? I can't help you I'm also having issues and am thinking tune might be the problem but am not sure
    Cheers Mark

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

Let me guess, some spastic set your torque converter to never lock up boiling the trains oil because it makes the car look more powerful on the dyno.

Its going around like a bad flu atm, what state are you guys in?

It took me 4 tuners to find someone tht knew how it's done properly. The first three had the car for days trying get it rite, the 4th one said take him for a drive and within 5mins he had it blipping between gears , everything perfect.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by OldMateGTS View Post
    Let me guess, some spastic set your torque converter to never lock up boiling the trains oil because it makes the car look more powerful on the dyno.

Its going around like a bad flu atm, what state are you guys in?

Nailed it 1 mate!

Torque converter mapped to lock up at 318 MILES PER HOUR in every ****ing gear!

Not to mention the m***ive surge forward just prior to coming to a complete stop, the fact it stalls when braking heavy, pre-ignition backfire when accelerating very mildly, the fact it won’t idle and stalls with a warm engine, the face it doesn’t flare the revs when downshifting in manual mode, it compression locks when downshifting randomly, when it is in “normal” mode it kicks hard back too many gears, it shifts really hard up through the gears!

The response after I took it back the third time to this smart ***ed wanker was.... “since you chose such a big cam you either have to change the cam, or get a stall converter for the trans, apart from that I can’t help you anymore!”

Firstly I didn’t pick the cam, secondly he’s totally retarded as he didn’t even remove the auto protect from the program because “people who get the stage 3 package don’t drive as hard as you” and thirdly he couldn’t tune Whitney Houston with 8 bricks of uncle Charlie!

Don’t get me started on the mapping for this “tune” he put in it!

I will name and shame this business if I am not refunded for the complete costing of this atrocious, so-called professional workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    is it hpt or efi ? either u should be able to look at the tune repository to find a stock one would be the easiest way, even standard is different in some too

It’s efi with otr mare

Quote Originally Posted by 08clubbyr8 View Post
    What issues? I can't help you I'm also having issues and am thinking tune might be the problem but am not sure
    Cheers Mark

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

Read the response I gave in reply to oldmate

There are some fair spastics out there working for "Big name brand tuning shops" its frightening.

The place that dam near lunched my engine and trans made me so physically sick I basically let them keep the cash rather than have anything to ever do with them again.

They did offer me a full refund an on that basis alone I wont name them but the straight up incompetence was off the charts.

MAF curve looked like a fat mans EKG reading after 20 minutes on a treadmill. Enrichment table was active at 10% throttle meaning O2 sensors where basically never used. My oil stank of fuel and black soot ceased my varex mufflers it was running so rich. All this with inertia fields maxed out and trans lock up disabled boiling my trans fluid and causing it to use 30 litres per 100.

Still a line up of late model GTS and Marloo's in their parking lot waiting to be butchered and I bet half wont have a clue what they have paid to have done to them.

After I fixed it my car got 9.2 on the highway and a best and 14 around the city and nearly a full second off the 1/4 mile time, still not out of the woods yet though with the potential damage done.

So many are hopeless! I had an auto box blow up 500m down the road after trans service
    Wrong oil used i reckon

Tuning industry is as bad as cosmetics and beauty stuff i think and as above sad part is most people would have no idea!!!

When i got my stroker priced up one shop said it needed fuel system, i said why it wont max it out? He goes uhhhh we normally just do it anyway
    Why would i want to waste money on larger pumps and surge tank if not required?

Thread Information