HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    I've tried 5 of the so called best tuners in Victoria and everyone of them managed to stuff it up and cost me $ .
    Thing I hate the most is they all blamed me for their bad tuning. Most are in it just for the coin.
    name n shame i say
    Last edited by mickyinc; 09-06-2019 at 01:23 PM.

I agree

Easy money
    Pay for licensing and bang them out as fast as you can

Maybe i should get on this bandwagon

In the euro scene a few people ended up with bent rods and no recourse

What cam specs and what size converter? If you didn't pick the cam who did? Not to defend the tuner but there are limits to what a tuner can do if the mechanicals are not up to scratch.
    There are definitely some clueless tuners out there and the 6L80E is a complicated controller.

On my vt clubsport i had issues on tuned auto box, could never get it right
    When it got rebuilt he said they could sort all the issues out but it was worse, slow kickdown, then they blamed the box builder
    W**** scene is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Xjas View Post
    What cam specs and what size converter? If you didn't pick the cam who did? Not to defend the tuner but there are limits to what a tuner can do if the mechanicals are not up to scratch.
    There are definitely some clueless tuners out there and the 6L80E is a complicated controller.

It’s a standard converter and I asked for them to ensure the cam was compatible with a standard converter but as large as that limitation would allow.
    I’ll have to try and find the cam card but from memory it was a COMP 234/232 110°
    The original tune from this 25 year old, self proclaimed, “only person in Australia that can tune LS engines properly” expert made it sound like a 13B Rotary and the dyno sheet I got with it claimed it had 430RWHP and 752NM of torque......
    Upon inspection of the graphs, it had a power curve that looked like someone had taken a bite out of the middle of an unsliced loaf of bread! FLATSPOT RIGHT AT THE EXACT MOMENT YOU WOULD EXPECT THE ALLEGED 430RWHP TO ENGAGE!
    It would be lucky to be 350HP and that’s me being generous!
    If you read between the lines the POWER and TORQUE they claimed to have provided for the nearly 10K I handed over was in no doubt a generic dyno slip they give to everyone who gets the same package up here on the NORTHSIDE of BRISBANE!
    I will get my money back even if it kills me doing it! They can also replace my 6L80E that’s about to disintegrate!!

I can’t stand rip of merchants that do this to honest people, and they’ve ripped off the wrong bloke!

No wonder it wont behave, you'll never get a cam in the 230s to work properly with the stock stall. Something in the high 210s or low 220s wont make as high peak number but will be way better to drive and be quicker with the stock stall and gear IMO.

I have 224 230 114 in my LS2 6sp auto with factory stall. Retains almost factory manners. Any bigger cam would require a bigger stall converter.

Thread Information