HSV Forum

Page 5 of 5 First << ... 345
    295/35 is a big tyre, 15mm taller sidewall, I'll be keen to hear if she touches in the wheel well anywhere.

I'm hearing you Ratsmow. 7mm larger diameter the tyres do round off, i hope the gaurds are fine I'm expecting some rubbing. In the end i got sick of trying to find out so I'm just getting them fitted if its a huge fail I'll just sell the 295,s
    It should look good the W1 has the same tyre but being Track rated they are very rounded. Cheers

THEY FIT.
    295 35R 20 105Y Conti and actually look the same as the W1 295, the side wall is very rounded.
    BUT with a boot full im sure that nasty looking 8 to 10mm guard lip will cut the tyres up plus a big bounce should see the tyres hit the fuel filler bolts the tightest part is below the rim you can put your hand through the rim not over the tyre and feel the gap. Their isn't one!
    So they don't rub but I'd say a few good bumps and the tryes will be cut up on the outside. As for the inside the camber and any lowering would effect that.
    295,s look huge they look like i must have thrown 350,s on it. Not sure what the stone damage will be like. I will be rollong the gaurds no paint needed. Shacks had no old stock or two doors out front but looked to be delivering a GTSR Maloo while i waiting they do look mega cool for a ute. Cheers.

Can you put up a pic Andrew of the fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsmow View Post
    Can you put up a pic Andrew of the fit.

emily ****inson hope is the thing with feathers analysis

I have no idea what the quote is anyway the photo just does not show how the tyres sit on the rim, less how much is now sticking out the side/rear of the car, I have not heard any rubbing and I recall from the late 70'S the GTHO/RX7/SLR500 when is rubs you seriously hear it inside the car lol. As mention I know it will and when it does it will be all bad due to that sharp inside guard, so as soon as our around town car is back from the workshop, the guards will be rolled professionally. BTW that rim was a real mess from the valet parking AFM enterprises in Perth as my son says cheated and brought a new rim for me that's how good it is. My rim protection, the main reason I started this is more the tyre wall bulge just like the W1 has.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 4 Days Ago at 09:13 PM.

Definately a different look to the 275s, you have some rim protection now that's for sure. Probably a bit more compliant too not that there's anything wrong with the way the smaller tyre rides.

Thread Information