HSV Forum

Page 3 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>

Thread: Service ESP

Thanks mate, il run the feeler gauge over them just in case.

I believe stock are pre-gapped to .040" and so are the #7 heat range iridium's, so don't think they should pose an issue.

For anyone interested, I just bought X8 new NGK TR7IX sparkplugs from sparepartsbox for $127 delivered! Super cheap.

Repco wanted $220.

ive been running TR6 for yeas without issue and fine with stock gap till about 14psi then close it back to 0.80mm, cheap at $55 and change them every 12 months, even tho the code isnt there it should be in the history to look back on upto a curtain time frame

Have you tried a cooler plug?

P0174 causes

Vacuum hoses for splits, kinks, and improper connections
    Insufficient fuel in the tank
    Low fuel pressure--Refer to Fuel System Diagnosis.
    Fuel contamination--Refer to Alcohol/Contaminants-in-Fuel Diagnosis.
    Malfunctioning fuel injectors--Refer to Fuel Injector Diagnosis.
    Missing, loose, or leaking exhaust components from the HO2S forward--Refer to Symptoms - Engine Exhaust.
    Vacuum leaks at the intake manifold, the throttle body, and the injector O-rings
    The air induction system and the air intake ducts for leaks or for a missing air filter element A cracked EVAP canister
    Evaporative pipes obstructed or leaking--Refer to Fuel Hose/Pipes Routing Diagram.
    The crankcase ventilation system for leaks
    The HO2S for improper installation and for electrical wires or connectors that may have contacted the exhaust system
    The HO2S signal circuit open, shorted to ground, or shorted to the low reference circuit
    Malfunctioning engine components--Refer to Symptoms - Engine Mechanical.

P0304 diagnostic leads to my last post , so something in the last post is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Have you tried a cooler plug?
    i havnt gone any cooler but i keep forgetting im on ethanol so prob dont need too, petrol a 6-7 should be fine for added boost

Mickyinc, thanks for that mate.

Im hoping its due to my exhaust manifold/header leak (which I know I have). This is currently getting fixed by holden today with new genuine gaskets and some gasket grease.. I will also be fitting new colder, iridium spark plugs, this weekend incase they were damaged during installing of my headers.

If the issue persist, I will check all my injectors and bring the car back to Willall racing and get them to log the car on the dyno.

Will keep everyone posted. Cheers.

Okay bit of an update guys, pretty certain the cause of the issue has been found.

As previously stated, Holden fitted two new gaskets to my header/extractor this morning. They informed me it previously did not have any gaskets and all the bolts were not that tight, a couple only finger tight. Now this is all fixed, this hissing sound is no longer there. Problem one, exhaust gas leak, fixed.

Moving on two problem 2, they looked into the 'cylinder 4 misfire code' and found that injector #4 (cylinder 4) has not been installed right and/or come loose. As per the picture below, oil and fuel has been leaking, and you can even see the orange o-ring hanging out! Not good.

I rang Willall racing and they said they are happy to fix it, so im dropping the car off on Tuesday for them to refit my injectors.. free of charge.. I am also going to be running my car on their dyno, just to make sure all is well.

According to Holden, this is definitely the cause of the misfire in cylinder 4, as it would be sucking in air and throwing all my AFR's out.. also the reason why I sometimes get a slight hesitation.

Very happy the injector did not pop all the way out, or even enough to run super lean and cook cylinder 4.

Regardless, im happy the cause has been located and already the car drives much nicer.

[IMG][/IMG]

If u cant see any damage to injector oring just push it back in, it seems so inadequate but thats all u have to do

Thread Information