HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    disorganise.
    When I brought the car I rang five different insurers for quotes, the prices varied from $750 to $1950-00 the lowest and highest quotes were from companies that were owned by Suncorp so that did not make much sense. As to your postcode having a bearing on price it may have a small part to play. I think it mainly depends if they are looking for business on that day. I do live in the country and have a good driving/claim record.
    Bob

This is who I am using now for the HSV.

https://www.enthusiast.com.au/

I did have Platinum insurance with GUO but it was going up each year and last year it got to $143/month about $1700/year, for my near stock E3 Clubby.

the new company is very price friendly for cars with limited use, but you have to nominate drivers and no one else is covered in your car (besides service staff and valet staff). I'm paying around half the premium now with max 5000km a year.

They also appear friendly with performance mods also
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

I have changed my Comp Insurance policy from AAMI (435kw) due to the premium increase, tried RAC (530kw NO), and now using Shannons.
    They actually had the Active Automotive 530 pack details listed as an option. I opted for the under 10,000km as I will not
    be using the car as a daily drive. Has anyone had experience with Shannons good or bad?
    The only confusing part about the PDS is fine print about being hit by an uninsured driver, I think the fine print does not line
    up with the statement, limiting cover in that case. I opted for 105k cover, as I see prices seem to have gone up on carsales!
    Cheers Andrew

Pretty sure insurance would cover it even if they dont have cover

Otherwise what is the point?

I just did some mods on the HSV (cam, exhaust, OTR) and my premium went up less than $130/year. Rather than drilling you re the mods, it was more like, so are you happy with the results of the mods to the car.

Still haven't made a claim with Enthusiast to know what that part of the process is, but I could opt for a $250 excess if I wanted to. The max you can opt in for is $600 excess. Much better than GIO's minimum at nearly $1200 when I was with them.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

I use Allianz - which includes roadside ***istance and one wind screen per year with no access, plus they are w****-sellers.
    VF GTS 2013 - BUILD #238
    VF Sen 2016
    VF SS-V Redline 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GTS2017 View Post
    I use Allianz - which includes roadside ***istance and one wind screen per year with no access, plus they are w****-sellers.
    What are you insuring, what is the sum insured, and what is your yearly premium. We've had insurance with Allianz & found them to be very professional.
    Pickles.

For the record i went $105k 2k per year location comes into play. 10,000kms per year so driven a few times a week. And the big one noted the 530 pack up front. I guess you pay 500-700 extra for the upgrade but i can understand that. The 105k adds to it excess 1050. Cheers so im happy with Shannons.

Thread Information