HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Surely the walkinshaw arm of walkinshaw do do a power pack upgrade!
    Agree. A bit of "tweaking" of the ECU, maybe a bigger intercooler, etc etc, shouldn't be too hard?
    Pickles.

It's just a sticker special, nothing more. Limiting them to 100 isn't going to make it any more special IMO.

If I was going to buy a Colorado, I'd get an LTZ and take it straight to Harrop who will actually do something worthwhile to it and likely still have change from a SportsCat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Agree. A bit of "tweaking" of the ECU, maybe a bigger intercooler, etc etc, shouldn't be too hard?
    Pickles.
    This is what HSV should be doing, not Walkinshaw IMO.
    You can pick up a high end Z71 for cheaper than the SportsCat, so where's the incentive to go HSV? Performance wise they're the same and with a non-performance car who needs the massive rotors anyway?

When you went from an SS to a Clubsport/GTS at least you had the added performance to help justify the cost. This is what the SportsCat needs.

On the otherhand, here's Harrop's Superado:
    http://www.superado.com.au/
    And I think a mob up in QLD do something very similar.

Killa Kustoms (the mob in QLD) actually do the conversion for Harrop. I believe they're working on establishing dealers nation wide and were even doing a trip to the West to do a batch of conversions.

I went from HDT to HSV to get my "Australian" V8 performance fix.
    I always bought the cars because in my eye's they were different to the SS etc.
    Once again, in my eye's, a car to carry an HSV badge needs the track pedigree behind it.
    Just as HDT did in the early 80's.
    I bought a new Colorado this year & have to admit its a great ute. (in 6 months its done
    13,000 km's. 99% towing) But be damned if I was going to buy a Colorado Sportscat.
    Pay all that extra money for stickers & a set of wheels.

I have no complaint with HSV doing Colorado's & Silverado's etc, they need to
    pay the bills like the rest of us - but you must have rocks in your head to call such cars HSV's????

If the Harrop Superado was what HSV offered the public, well hell yeah, call that an HSV.
    Not the sticker packs they're throwing at us now....
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

The Harrop conversions start at $38k for an LS3 with standard exhaust so you can add another $4K for headers and a decent exhaust so your up for about $90k when you pair it with a new LTZ that’s a lot

Thread Information