HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    I had to have a rim repaired on my old e3 clubsport. It had the shadow chrome. Had a mobile guy come and repair it. He did a good job with a good paint match.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander2287 View Post
    I had to have a rim repaired on my old e3 clubsport. It had the shadow chrome. Had a mobile guy come and repair it. He did a good job with a good paint match.
    That's good to hear I got one quote of $220 so far. Over $1100 for a new rim

Tyre place said tyre is OK as it isn't to the belt, just surface.
    Wheel repair looks pretty good. Wouldn't know unless you specifically look. Slight colour variation but it hasn't been opticoated to match yet either

Rim looks ok, but the tyre is a safety issue. Maybe it would be fine on a Corolla, but youve got a $100,000 500kw 2,000kg sports sedan. Id replace the tyre if it were my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 VR GTS
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by disorganise View Post
    That's good to hear I got one quote of $220 so far. Over $1100 for a new rim
    I had a couple of tyres done. They were only minor marks so it only cost me about $200 all up.

If it just the surface rubber and not to the belt, a good glue will make it stronger than original, yet still retain flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Rim looks ok, but the tyre is a safety issue. Maybe it would be fine on a Corolla, but you’ve got a $100,000 500kw 2,000kg sports sedan. I’d replace the tyre if it were my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm with EVLHSV. If you do any track work or work the car hard at all, I'd replace that tyre.

Thread Information