HSV Forum

VY clubby specific car manual

Ive herd there is a VY specific car service manual that enables you to completely strip the car down to each plastic clip..
    that is apparently suited for the HSV version.

Ive hunted the net and can only see the standard Haynes Mcgreggor style books that gives a general idea but also covers VT VX and VY commodores. ect

So is this book real? does is or has it existed?

And does anyone know where to find it preferably to purchase. even a digital copy would be suitable.
    Last edited by Domin8or; 23-10-2018 at 02:57 PM. Reason: add more detail
    03 VY II R8 STING RED
    400RWHP

There will be Holden workshop manuals around. Think I've got a copy of the VT/VX one on an old computer somewhere. It's essentially all the same. I think a couple of members on here may have the VY/VZ versions.

Don't bother with the Haynes type manuals, the information is very generic.

yeah I agree with the Haynes ones ect. they are far too generic.

any idea who would have one or maybe a new thread.
    03 VY II R8 STING RED
    400RWHP

I've never seen a paper copy of the genuine VY manual, the newest genuine paper books I have are for series 2 VT's

I got one for the WK on disc a number of years ago but would have no clue where it is now. Ordered it through eBay (I think).
    Most of the cars are standard but Maloos have had the fuel lines re-routed from the standard ute. Drive side side-swipe can be very dangerous and is often a write-off because of these fuel lines.

Firat I've heard of the maloo fuel lines being different..... I wonder why they changed things

The Boy had to do a video for insurance companies on a Maloo that had been repaired but nearly killed the driver and passenger because of the fumes. Ute had had a normal side-swipe repair done to it.
    One person on the ute unless a second was needed for short-time help.
    48 hours of filming, undoing all the weld spots etc to take the whole side off to get to the fuel lines and then replace the side. Total Job costed out at about $23K; this was about 3 to 4 years ago. No idea if things have changed since then.

Thread Information