HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by toolbag92 View Post
    Cam Specs? If the cam has lots of overlap on a 112lsa for example it will bleed off boost and wouldn't be ideal for a blower motor. Stock bottom ends can hold 10psi no problem but with factory cams or boost specific cams on a wider LSA "Trapping" boost pressure in the cylinders (more efficient). As said above the ring gap on a stock motor would be the limiting factor. As heat builds, rings can butt and destroy a piston.

If it were me I would run a stock crank, forged 6.125 rods, forged pistons, decent blower cam and e85. I never realized how crap pump 98ron fuel is until I started tuning. On unleaded you would be extremely knock limited and have a really small tuning window. IMO if its not a daily driver go straight for e85.
    Hello mate how are you I am not putting a supper charger on the short block mate the question was would I have any problems with it ? The lad I got the short block off was going to supper charge it . But his going to rebuild the short block with the good pieces out of my motor

So the old vu maloo has been dropped off at the work shop to be pulled down . Heads been sent away to Cnc Higgins to have work done on them . Then my bolt ons will go on the short block see how it works out ?

this is what the old motor looked like after pull down ;(

damn someone likes the silicone

Great example of 'poor workmanship'...

I'd like to think that was the result of a dodgy backyard cam install but something tells me otherwise...

I know we don't name and shame in these pages but do you know who did the original cam ???? Yes or No is cool !!!
    GTSR Maloo MotorTorque'd and Chilled

Short block set up for supper charger.

All I will say is in Brisbane;( workshop not back yard .

Quote Originally Posted by Craigu View Post
    All I will say is in Brisbane;( workshop not back yard .
    I'm about to head down to Motor Torque for the third time in 14 months ( not for issues but for further upgrades ). 1000Km's each way is a small price to pay for what they do.
    GTSR Maloo MotorTorque'd and Chilled

Quote Originally Posted by markost View Post
    I'm about to head down to Motor Torque for the third time in 14 months ( not for issues but for further upgrades ). 1000Km's each way is a small price to pay for what they do.
    Up grades nice

Thread Information