HSV Forum

Page 4 of 4 First << ... 234
    I certainly think people should try different combos even on the old 5.7, as mentioned I did. My previous combo used bits that everyone says are rubbish (especially the US guys) yet delivered a great result and ran decent times for what it is. Do what works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nth57l View Post
    I certainly think people should try different combos even on the old 5.7, as mentioned I did. My previous combo used bits that everyone says are rubbish (especially the US guys) yet delivered a great result and ran decent times for what it is. Do what works for you!
    Exactly, we are human and not clones. I have three cars and will post no info re: them on forums. Due to forum "clone culture". Follow the grand puu-bar...And the individualist car might line up next to the puu-bar car the the drags or dyno on the same day and show a small increment rhp rkw, 1/4 mile mph in front. Or not....Dull world, let's all stay stock then, best residual value....
    Last edited by SenatorW; 01-06-2019 at 10:56 PM.

My work mates that mod cars v8 holdens and fords . Said that I would be lucky to get 350 to 380 hp out of the 5.7L LS1 . So I am happy to pull up at just over 400 hp . And I did not think $1600 for the intake manifold & throttle body was over the top really

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to talk with me about my LS1 . Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by Craigu View Post
    My work mates that mod cars v8 holdens and fords . Said that I would be lucky to get 350 to 380 hp out of the 5.7L LS1 . So I am happy to pull up at just over 400 hp . And I did not think $1600 for the intake manifold & throttle body was over the top really
    An LS1 should make those figures with just a cam, standard heads. With good CNC heads (which also allow you to use a larger camshaft again), 400rwhp should be the ballpark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigu View Post
    I would like to thank you all for taking the time to talk with me about my LS1 . Thank you all
    That's what the forum is all about. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information