HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

Is the new Silverado a real HSV?

A bit of a bun fight on Facebook about whether the new Silverado can be called a
    true HSV & be eligible to join HSV owners clubs??

For me there is no way a HSV club would allow one in???

What do others think??

No different really to Peter Champions version of HDT cars not being allowed to join
    Brock clubs...

Imagine a Silverado owners club committee meeting discussing whether to allow
    Commodore owners to join????

Maybe i'm just getting too old and grumpy???
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Is the Silverado a real HSV? Nope.

A real HSV is a Holden Special Vehicle, Not a Chevy truck.

It’s a Chevrolet, not an HSV. The owners can join a Chevrolet club

It’s really no different to the Dodge Ram that “HSV” have been converting and selling for ages, except this time they’re using the HSV website to market them because they no longer have a Commodore to put on the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    It’s a Chevrolet, not an HSV. The owners can join a Chevrolet club

It’s really no different to the Dodge Ram that “HSV” have been converting and selling for ages, except this time they’re using the HSV website to market them because they no longer have a Commodore to put on the site

Same deal with the Camaro. The only new real HSV is the SportsCat

2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Champions cars are true HDT cars, not Brocks. Same as VN Aero onwards.
    HSV clubs could always have HSV associated vehicles.
    Depends how tight the club wants to remain. There is always the chance that too much dilution will ruin the club, but always the chance that they can die out over time without new cars. HSV clubs dont really need new blood yet but give it a few years and it might change to survive.
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082
    Toy 3 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 4 - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185

Daily - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    A bit of a bun fight on Facebook about whether the new Silverado can be called a
    true HSV & be eligible to join HSV owners clubs??

For me there is no way a HSV club would allow one in???

What do others think??

No different really to Peter Champions version of HDT cars not being allowed to join
    Brock clubs...

Imagine a Silverado owners club committee meeting discussing whether to allow
    Commodore owners to join????

Maybe i'm just getting too old and grumpy???
    There is no "Bunfight" mate, just a few people expressing their opinions, which is absolutely normal, & fine.
    The situation that exists between PC's (who I know personally very well) is totally different,...the BCOOA ownership is specifically confined to vehicles made by HDT whilst under the ownership of Brock.
    Sportscat, Camaro, & Silverado are all plated HSV vehicles, just as the VXR was, they are sold as HSV vehicles through HSV/Holden Dealers, and IMHO are absolutely eligible to join.
    As I've said on FB, I'm not about to discuss Club Constitution issues on this or any other open forum, that is a matter for the Clubs themselves to discuss, but if anyone has a copy of their Club's constitution & wish to disclose where these vehicles could be excluded, well that's up to them.
    Of course any active member of an HSVOC would be attending monthly meetings, social gatherings, club runs etc, just as I have, as a like member, for 32 years. If any HSVOC member would like to provide input, I'm sure every branch of the HSVOC, Australia wide, would welcome it, just as they welcome any member input on any subject whatsoever. If there are decisions to be made, the Club will make them, in the best interests of everybody involved.
    Pickles.

Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Sportscat, Camaro, & Silverado are all plated HSV vehicles
    Are they though? I remember hearing they weren't build plating many models. The discussion came up on here with someone buying a SportsCat and they weren't even going to plate those!

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Champions cars are true HDT cars, not Brocks. Same as VN Aero onwards.
    HSV clubs could always have HSV associated vehicles.
    Depends how tight the club wants to remain. There is always the chance that too much dilution will ruin the club, but always the chance that they can die out over time without new cars. HSV clubs dont really need new blood yet but give it a few years and it might change to survive.
    A couple of points my friend.
    Not quite sure what you mean by "true".
    The "original" HDT Commodore, (only recently referred to as Brocks,..... during my day during ownership of our VK Group A & VL Group A P.P., we always described our cars as "HDT Commodores", and used to be proud of that fact and used to say, we were "driving a bit of Brocky!") were manufactured/converted whatever by HDT Special vehicles OWNED BY PETER BROCK, AND RECOGNIZED & ASSISTED BY HOLDEN, until February 1987, and build number 4246, after which, EVERYTHING CHANGED.
    Subsequently, there was no recognition or assistance by Holden, and the various generations of HDT were not recognized by Holden, who of course had HSV.
    I know Peter Champion very well, and He has done a truly MAGNIFICENT job,...Jeez, if Brock had been around to support him, who knows what He would've achieved.
    The common ground that the "Brock owned HDT Special Vehicles", replaced by "HSV Special Vehicles" in 1987 have, which is very important, is that only these two organizations were/are Holden supported/sanctified.
    I'm not quite clear on the meaning of "true" in this instance, or HSV "associated".
    Your other comments are absolutely spot on.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I'm not quite clear on the meaning of "true" in this instance, or HSV "associated".
    Your other comments are absolutely spot on.
    Pickles.
    Peter Champion bought the HDT name so anything he built is a true HDT just like anything from VN onwards. It doesn't have the same meaning as the original HDT cars but the company name is the same. People sometimes confuse calling a new HDT car a "Brock" when it isnt however it is still an HDT.
    HSV associated cars would be anything HSV touched. Group A is a Holden so they shouldn't be allowed but are (because they are tough cars with all the right gear).

HSV associated cars in my view allow cars with HSV tags that dont actually meet the criteria (whatever that would be) to be a real HSV.
    Silverado, Camaro etc would fit the associated category. Same goes for HSV Enhanced cars (for the precious people who dont like enhanced cars in their clubs)
    Last edited by HSVGTS125; 1 Week Ago at 09:58 AM. Reason: Removed a word
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082
    Toy 3 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 4 - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185

Daily - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Peter Champion bought the HDT name so anything he built is a true HDT just like anything from VN onwards. It doesn't have the same meaning as the original HDT cars but the company name is the same. People sometimes confuse calling a new HDT car a "Brock" when it isnt however it is still an HDT.
    HSV associated cars would be anything HSV touched. Group A is a Holden so they shouldn't be allowed but are (because they are tough cars with all the right gear).

HSV associated cars in my view allow cars with HSV tags join that dont actually meet the criteria (whatever that would be) to be a real HSV.
    Silverado, Camaro etc would fit the associated category. Same goes for HSV Enhanced cars (for the precious people who dont like enhanced cars in their clubs)
    Of course.
    The point I make is, "what is recognized by Holden, & what is not". And look, to some people that has no significance at all, but to some, it does.
    Pickles.

Thread Information