HSV Forum

Page 2 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Peter Champion bought the HDT name so anything he built is a true HDT just like anything from VN onwards. It doesn't have the same meaning as the original HDT cars but the company name is the same. People sometimes confuse calling a new HDT car a "Brock" when it isnt however it is still an HDT.
    HSV associated cars would be anything HSV touched. Group A is a Holden so they shouldn't be allowed but are (because they are tough cars with all the right gear).

HSV associated cars in my view allow cars with HSV tags join that dont actually meet the criteria (whatever that would be) to be a real HSV.
    Silverado, Camaro etc would fit the associated category. Same goes for HSV Enhanced cars (for the precious people who dont like enhanced cars in their clubs)
    It's not about being precious.

Imagine turning up to a Subaru WRX owners club for example, in your HSV & asking to join.
    They would say go join the HSV club, only Subaru's here. Not because we dont like HSV's , or Toyota's etc, but because
    we are a specific brand club, in this case Subaru's...

Just like HSV is specific.
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Peter Champion bought the HDT name so anything he built is a true HDT just like anything from VN onwards. It doesn't have the same meaning as the original HDT cars but the company name is the same. People sometimes confuse calling a new HDT car a "Brock" when it isnt however it is still an HDT.
    HSV associated cars would be anything HSV touched. Group A is a Holden so they shouldn't be allowed but are (because they are tough cars with all the right gear).

HSV associated cars in my view allow cars with HSV tags join that dont actually meet the criteria (whatever that would be) to be a real HSV.
    Silverado, Camaro etc would fit the associated category. Same goes for HSV Enhanced cars (for the precious people who dont like enhanced cars in their clubs)
    The only thing that post Brock HDT's have to the originals is a badge.
    There is no way you can compare HDT version 2, 3 or 4 to the Brock era & you will never convince me otherwise.
    Same with HSV - the race heritage, the race DNA is what its all about, just like Brock built cars.
    What race heritage does an Silverado have?
    What race heritage does a Champion built car have??

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    It's not about being precious.

Imagine turning up to a Subaru WRX owners club for example, in your HSV & asking to join.
    They would say go join the HSV club, only Subaru's here. Not because we dont like HSV's , or Toyota's etc, but because
    we are a specific brand club, in this case Subaru's...

Just like HSV is specific.
    Big difference between HSV Enhanced and a Subaru WRX.
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082
    Toy 3 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 4 - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185

Daily - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Big difference between HSV Enhanced and a Subaru WRX.
    I cant believe you missed the point.......

The only thing that post Brock HDT's have to the originals is a badge.
    There is no way you can compare HDT version 2, 3 or 4 to the Brock era & you will never convince me otherwise.
    Same with HSV - the race heritage, the race DNA is what its all about, just like Brock built cars.
    What race heritage does an Silverado have?
    What race heritage does a Champion built car have??
    First of all no one is comparing post Brock cars to Brock cars. The point I made is that HDT is HDT. There is a Brock era and post Brock era.
    If its a Brock club then no, VN onwards and some VL Group A cars wont fit. Simple as that!

Now what race heritage doee an SV3800, Astra SV1800, XU6, Maloo, DMG90, Opera House, Astra VXR, XU6, HSV Jackaroo and a Grange have? Apart from the badge and company that built them they have none. About as much as a Silverado

Its not my fault HSV built cars that dont have pedigree, same as its not my fault HDT was allowed to live on after the VL Director. These cars still have DNA without the soul.

Whether you like it or not there are post Brock HDT cars. That will never change. The difference is that post VL cars arent Brock cars (no argument there).

Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

I cant believe you missed the point.......
    No point missed. Its Today Tonight type comparisons.
    If someone buys a GM built Suburu brand new from an HSV dealer that has gone through HSV for modification then the point would make sense.

Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

The point I was making, that in my eye's the Silverado has no right to be in a HSV club
    just as, for example, a WRX, or any other make hasn't. (WRX was plucked out of the air for
    the sake of comparison)
    But, I also respect others point of view, it's just that I don't agree...

The point I was making, that in my eye's the Silverado has no right to be in a HSV club
    just as, for example, a WRX, or any other make hasn't. (WRX was plucked out of the air for
    the sake of comparison)
    But, I also respect others point of view, it's just that I don't agree...
    Yep fair call.
    At the end of the day it doesnt affect me in HSV land because everything I have is HSV.
    My Tickford GT never used to be recognised by GT clubs and is still the case in some places.
    If i bought an AU XR8 Pursuit 250 (5.6L) it is allowed in a T Series club because it shares the same engine as a series 3, however an AU XR8 220 which also has the same engine as a Series 1&2 T Series is not allowed. All political.

Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Yep fair call.
    At the end of the day it doesnt affect me in HSV land because everything I have is HSV.
    My Tickford GT never used to be recognised by GT clubs and is still the case in some places.
    If i bought an AU XR8 Pursuit 250 (5.6L) it is allowed in a T Series club because it shares the same engine as a series 3, however an AU XR8 220 which also has the same engine as a Series 1&2 T Series is not allowed. All political.
    That's a good point - I cant believe that I didn't use Ford GT owners as my example.
    I know quite a few local Gt owners and they are certainly an anal lot when it comes to their cars.
    Very passionate people I should really say, not anal......

Very passionate people I should really say, not anal......
    Passionate, anal, arrogant, pain in the arse..... all the same ��

If they didnt cease the GT at XB and revive at EB I think they'd be accepted but because there is a buffer zone it gets painful.

The team from the Special Vehicle Operations in the 60s/70s are the same people who brought back the GT.

Its the chrome bumper owners who generally dont like 90s GT cars. They are much like the HDT Brock era people but more staunch

Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Thread Information