HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>

Thread: Camaro arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymaloo View Post
    It might cost you and I $20k for a full conversion,but it definitely wonít cost gm that much. Plus four seconds n/a to 100 with the lightweight camaro so I canít wait till someone upgrades theirs with a walkinshaw package 🤤

Sent from my iPhone using HSV Forum
    It will cost HSV an enormous amount to do it and to pass new car regulations. Aftermarket is a completely different story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

It's good to see Ryan keeping the skeleton crew employed IMO. Don't see them selling 500 in a year though. Thinking no where near that, happy to be wrong though.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    It's good to see Ryan keeping the skeleton crew employed IMO. Don't see them selling 500 in a year though. Thinking no where near that, happy to be wrong though.
    500 should be achievable considering itís a lot less than what they were selling in GTSís. Also about 10-15% will come to NZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

It's simple maths ...
    500 units
    Approx 45 per month
    That gives a state like yours Audi an allocation of 7 or 8 per mth
    They should get close to that

My resistance is the current offering is virtually superseded already .... so I won't be giving this edition a second glance

Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    "Skeleton Crew"??!!!...Lol!!...I don't think so, do some checking my friend.
    Pickles

having difficulty putting this up,..hope this works!

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...inshaw-115112/

Pickles.

I drove past brian kelly holden cardiff (newcastle) yesterday and noticed they had a black one out the front. Didn't get a chance to check it out though.

Who to believe Pickles, who to believe? Either way though you're right it's not a skeleton crew. I think the larger work force is from them adding to totals of HSV and Walkinshaw together.

HSV will begin converting Chevrolet Camaro muscle cars and Silverado pick-ups from left-hand-drive to right-hand-drive to GM's factory standards from the middle of 2018. The cars will be sold with a factory warranty via selected Holden dealerships. To cope with the expansion, HSV will move into new premises, also in Clayton, in early 2018. It expects to eventually boost job numbers from 130 to 150 staff once production ramps up.[1]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Special_Vehicles

Sniper I can easy see them selling those numbers in the first few months but after that my prediction is they will dwindle off.
    Last edited by Audi; 6 Days Ago at 08:13 PM.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

Numbers are very questionable and we must understand a couple of things ....

1. There are still just on 1000 new plus in stock regoed VF Holden and HSV's in stock across the country ..

2. I thing the MY19 Version of the Camaro will be much anticipated by many inc myself ... ... and HSV are flat out getting that ready to follow the first 509

3. In that article that Martin posted the link to is a fair firfy .... who's Ryan Walkinshaw trying to kid by saying he had 500 staff with more to come .... even if he puts the Caravan company numbers in the mix he is nowhere near that number

Cop this maths .... the average staffer at HSV earns $66k per year in Tax and workcover and Super .... if he has 500 staff at that average that creates a wage bill that cannot be facilitated by the profit from the numbers being produced currently ... and that's without adding rent, outgoings and everything else it cost to run an operation like that

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    At Bathurst over the weekend there was an road going version on display, and a "mocked up"
    race version.
    They both looked sweet...
    Until they are offered with a clutch I for one wouldn't even think about buying one...
    I love manual transmissions auto takes the fun out of it.

Thread Information