HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

What will you replace your HSV with?

my daily driver will go another 2 years before i change it out, though the mind wanders early.

not much out there for the money that can match the LSA HSVs....

maybe an Alfa Giulia,

https://www.carsales.com.au/demo/det...15523638/?Cr=0

or something German. its a scary world out there with no new HSVs to buy
    2017 Tourer R8 30th Anniversary
    2013 Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual - gone

G'day Brett, you make a very good point.
    I'll be needing a bigger car (Golf R is my daily, HSV is the toy) next year & yep, it is scary.
    A small(ish) SUV that has the same performance as the R is about $130k new (ie, macan GTS), that is double the cost of a Golf R. Other than a bigger boot, the internal size is the same as a Golf.
    Sedan / wagon wise it is much the same (cost vs size vs performance).
    Gives me the shits but anyway...

In the same boat as Jim, Golf R daily and HSV toy. I will probably just update the R every 3 or so years depending on kms, the HSV on the other hands probably wonít be swapped out until HSV can offer something new with the performance of the last GenFs. 2 door will be fine as itís just for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wifey has an RS3 which is our everydayer, the HSV does a few ks too, but not as an everydayer.
    As we've just bought our HSV I suppose I'm not too concerned about what they bring out next, but knowing HSV I'd say that they know their traditional buyer market very well, and as HSV never stand still,.....well I'll put the question to you guys!!,.... what do you guys think they should, or will, come up with?
    Pickles.

If I sold my hsv today and had to buy another sports car, id go for a Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. You can get a near new one for around $110k which is good buying for how fast and nice the car is.

But for me, most likely i will just buy a new 200 series land cruiser and get out of the 'sports car scene' all together. Although, I said this before my clubsport and here I am again ahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Wifey has an RS3 which is our everydayer, the HSV does a few ks too, but not as an everydayer.
    As we've just bought our HSV I suppose I'm not too concerned about what they bring out next, but knowing HSV I'd say that they know their traditional buyer market very well, and as HSV never stand still,.....well I'll put the question to you guys!!,.... what do you guys think they should, or will, come up with?
    Pickles.
    I think once Holden goes under and is replaced by Chev/Caddy and GM build their cars factory RHD. HSV will be back in its comfort zone either bringing inthe higher spec models or upgrading whatís on offer. Also depends if Chev/Caddy want to play with HSV as Holden did, or will they just do it themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another HSV. It's why I haven't rushed into an F-series. Life is swings and round-abouts though, financial situations can change in an instant. Ideally I can sit it out till a CTS-V lands.
    I have a work car and fuel card atm so my GTS rarely gets driven. So my desire to upgrade just isn't really pressing me enough to bother filling out the paper work. lol
    Last edited by Audi; 5 Days Ago at 09:20 PM.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

I've added a motorcycle to the garage so the "daily" has become a "weekly" or weekender. The old taxi ain't going anywhere.

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature
    Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

CTSV I thought was getting dropped by Cadillac after 2019 ... I could be wrong but I did see it somewhere on youtube I think

If the Caddy doesn’t poke its head out in OZ I’ll probably go a low k C63S. Note a fan of the go-cart roughness of the ride but in fairness I don’t drive my ‘good’ cars daily.
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

Thread Information