HSV Forum

Wink GenF1 bonnet swap with a GenF2?

Hi all,

My first post!

Just recently upgraded from a black VE E3 GTS to a Heron White GenF1 GTS and absolutely loving the power and improvements. I do really miss the aggressive look of the VE GTS though...

I知 really digging the GenF2 bonnet vents and a little sad mine is lacking. From what I understand, some people prefer the clean look and think the vents look tacky.

What I知 really hoping for I guess, is someone with a heron white VF2 bonnet that would be happy/prepared to do a swap! Also, I am assuming they are interchangeable between series? I have looked into modding the bonnet, fibreglass, etc.. and not really happy with an aftermarket feel.

If anyone is interested, I知 all ears

Otherwise open to suggestions as to who could do a stellar job and make it feel factory (I am from SE Melbourne).

There is a place online that sells the vents and also the complete vf2 bonnet and they will paint it to suit. I thought I still had the website saved but I don't. I can't remember who they were but a bit of googling should find them. JHP have some conversion stuff. It may have been them.
    https://jhp.com.au/shop/exterior-acc...nnet-hood-kit/
    Last edited by highlander2287; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:49 PM.

Mate surely a panel beater could cut the holes with smooth edges for you! The vents are small but as you would know are real vents ensure you get the inside rubber part not just the top section.
    I would like the W1 carbon side vents but HSV have said for at least a few years you will need a VIN hint hint. Carbon is very cheap now.

I have considered the same thing. I’m just going to buy a new series 2 bonnet with vents. I’ve been qouted$1250 painted and fitted.
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

just buy the vents and cut them in. Thats what i did.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by LSExpress View Post
    I have considered the same thing. I’m just going to buy a new series 2 bonnet with vents. I’ve been qouted$1250 painted and fitted.

That seems like a really good price mate, if you don’t mind me asking- where did you get the quote from? Hopefully in Melbourne somewhere! Is that an oem bonnet, not carbon/fibre glass etc...? Edit: just realised you are in WA...

Nice one Micky, I have considered cutting bonnet myself but really prefer not to... last resort for me! Any chance you could post some close ups of the final install sitting proud on the bonnet (unlike the F2 recessed factory install)?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yeah mate it was in WA. On a different note I have a mate that owns a series 1 SS that purchase the vents, files off the buttom so they were flush and stuck them perfectly on has Series 1 bonnet. They look perfect, I’d probably do it myself if, 1. My bonnet didn’t have a couple of stone chips that I can’t live with and 2. I would stuff it up, lol
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

Thread Information