HSV Forum

Selling my 2011 E3 GTS

Thought I may as well start here in case anyone may be in the market. It will be listed on Carsales shortly.

Decided to sell the E3 GTS after owning it since new. Purchased from Suttons Holden on 27 October 2011.
    It has 105,000km.

It has the yellow 6 pot calipers front and 4 pot at the rear.
    All factory with no modifications, apart from the Bilsteins as described below.

During this month (September 1 I fitted brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 front and back ($1700).
    The MRC shocks thrown into the garbage bin where they belong and fitted with B6 Bilsteins at Heasmans Suspensions ($2700). MRC computer was also reprogrammed.

Serviced regularly and Garaged inside when not used.

Rego runs out end of next month.

During its life the following have been replaced by Holden:

Fuel pump on two occasions and a third time out of warranty last December.
    3 Gauge instrument cluster
    Radiator

All books supplied with the vehicle, including the HSV stuff sent every couple of years to make the owner happy !!
    I also have a brand new set of front pads in a box.

Three of the rims have a scratch or two as expected, no matter how hard you try to avoid this. The forth is brand new with no scratches.

Asking price is $42,000 and its pretty firm as the car has been mostly driven by my wife and has never been thrashed.

Anyone interested I am in Sydney. 0433 019 029

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Helicopter7 View Post

the car has been mostly driven by my wife and has never been thrashed.
    lol I've seen how women drive these cars

Yep, my wife owned an XU1 when I first met her, rev head.

But this GTS has been driven excruciatingly calmly !! as it cost way too much for it to get damaged

Thought I may as well start here in case anyone may be in the market. It will be listed on Carsales shortly.

Decided to sell the E3 GTS after owning it since new. Purchased from Suttons Holden on 27 October 2011.
    It has 105,000km.

During this month (September 1 I fitted brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 front and back ($1700).
    The MRC shocks thrown into the garbage bin where they belong and fitted with B6 Bilsteins at Heasmans Suspensions ($2700). MRC computer was also reprogrammed.

Radiator

All books supplied with the vehicle, including the HSV stuff sent every couple of years to make the owner happy !!

Three of the rims have a scratch or two as expected, no matter how hard you try to avoid this. The forth is brand new with no scratches.

Asking price is $42,000 and its pretty firm as the car has been mostly driven by my wife and has never been thrashed.

Cheers
    All the best with your sale. I recently traded my 2011 E3 GTS at Holden due to ongoing issues with failing fuel pumps (I was up to number 9). I didnít want to sell it privately as no one (including Holden) had any idea why my failure rate on the fuel pump was so high. I obviously took a decent hit on the trade in price as Holden knew the full history of the car, but am not confident they would have found the root cause that easily. I only let it go just over 4 weeks ago and traded it in for a Commodore ZB VXR, which we are wrapped with (despite it being called a Commodore). ZB sales are pretty low and Holden are doing great deals on them. I got 8 years warranty on mine with unlimited kms. The base ZB models arenít selling at all, only the VXR and Calais V Tourers. Would have loved a GTS-R, but circumstances and priorities didnít allow for it. I donít miss the GTS as the issues I had with the failing fuel pump killed the romance in it. I do still drool over the VF HSVs and the last HSV GTS-R which is jaw dropping and spectacular........the technology and included features in the VXR are impressive. I just know Iím driving a German built Opel Insignia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has 105,000km.

Radiator

Cheers
    Nice one mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Transmission?
    SV91 #56
    Senator 5000i #86
    VS 2 Clubsport #1913

Quote Originally Posted by SV36 View Post
    Transmission?
    Fair question !

Its an auto and I forgot to mention both engine mounts were replaced 8 months ago.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by crackelaktor View Post
    All the best with your sale. I recently traded my 2011 E3 GTS at Holden due to ongoing issues with failing fuel pumps (I was up to number 9). I didn’t want to sell it privately as no one (including Holden) had any idea why my failure rate on the fuel pump was so high. I obviously took a decent hit on the trade in price as Holden knew the full history of the car, but am not confident they would have found the root cause that easily. I only let it go just over 4 weeks ago and traded it in for a Commodore ZB VXR, which we are wrapped with (despite it being called a Commodore). ZB sales are pretty low and Holden are doing great deals on them. I got 8 years warranty on mine with unlimited kms. The base ZB models aren’t selling at all, only the VXR and Calais V Tourers. Would have loved a GTS-R, but circumstances and priorities didn’t allow for it. I don’t miss the GTS as the issues I had with the failing fuel pump killed the romance in it. I do still drool over the VF HSVs and the last HSV GTS-R which is jaw dropping and spectacular........the technology and included features in the VXR are impressive. I just know I’m driving a German built Opel Insignia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good, sensible post.
    I've looked at, & driven, a VXR, and found it to drive very well, with a nice "Euro look/feel" interior.....and Jeez, an EIGHT year warranty?....I didn't know that was being offered.
    Pickles.

Thread Information