Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sdtash View Post
    Does lowering the car place increased load on the mrc
    Iíd think so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 VR GTS
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

88,000 on my E1 with original springs & MRC and no issues so far (cross fingers).

Suspension Advice on MRC replacement

So on inspection today 3 of the 4 have leaked and will need to come out, will be putting Pedders Sports Ryders in it until the bank balance will let me get Bilstein B8Ēs.
    At least I can drive it noise free for a while.
    From what I was told today with MRC shockers itís a guarantee that they will leak and need to be replaced itís just a matter of when.

I think the bilstein are only about $1600 a set already with fronts in strut towers
    Id get them as the pedders wont last either and no point paying twice to fit

MRC rubish

Quote Originally Posted by GTSWP View Post
    86k mate

Hi GTSWP

Had Bilsteins fitted to my 2010 E3 GTS just 3 days ago by Heasmans. MY mrc started playing up at about 70,000km and finally had all 4 shocks replaced at 104,000km. MRC shocks cannot be rebuilt, at least in Australia, they are a sealed unit.

The GTS now feels and drives as if the MRC was set to 'Track' mode, but over speed humps it feel so much better than the MRC did even when new. Heasmans reprogrammed the computer so the car does not go into limp mode, but the display in the dash shows Faulty MRC, but who cares! I also fitted new tyres so the car again feels great.

The only reason I fitted Bilteins is that Heasmans who are the importers are a very reputable company and have been around for 30 years or so. Also they can rebuild the shock if it goes faulty or after it wears out, unlike HSV who quoted me (recently mind you) almost $5000 just in parts. HSV should be ashamed of themselves. I remember when I needed new front pads HSV quoted me $860 at the time, and 24 hours later I got new pads from the importers of AP brakes in Canberra for $320. Buy another HSV.........ye keep on waiting!

Anyway back on subject, total cost including supply, fitting and computer programming came to about $2700. The coils are original, as its low enough as it is!
    Cheers

I got mine supplied and fit for around $2k
    They mrc you unplug then look in engine bay and no errors

My mrc i could hardly tell difference between normal and track
    The b8 is firm but very compliant

Thanks for the information guys, very valuable opinions for sure.
    I have ect booked the car in yet to get the Pedders fitted. Iíll see how much here in Victoria the Bilstein B8Ēs are to be fitted.
    $2700 seems quite reasonable for sure, might save a few more $$ and go down this path, like I said the car doesnít get driven much so a few more weeks in the garage really wonít matter.

Bilstein B8 are around $1300 online front & rear for the HSV VE.

Thread Information