HSV Forum

GTS Ride/Comfort

Next query in relation to my 2015 lsa gts I purchased recently. I realise the suspension is adjustable but no matter what mode I use the "feel" of the road seems to be more severe through the steering wheel than other cars I've had. I know the tyres are low profile but I've had low profile tyres in my clubsport and other cars and the bumps didn't seem as bad. In the GTS you just seem to feel every little bump you go over and its like a constant thing. Is this normal for these cars or could there be a problem.
    I know nobody here can experience what I am trying to explain but I am just after some general thoughts. The car originally had continental all around but I didn't like the rims so as part of the deal they swapped them with some original rims from another gts they had. I now have kumho on the rear and pirelli p zero on the front. There were some initial tyre pressure issues with faulty gauges and at the moment I am only running with 36 in them. I've had a wheel alignment and balance done early on to sort out hat issue but I am undecided about this issue with the steering.
    The car is smooth in general and is quiet over speed humps etc and there are no clunking noises etc, its just the general "feel" of the steering where you feel almost every bump through the steering wheel.
    As I've asked earlier, is this typically normal for these cars given the suspension options or should I be suspicious/concerned about it.

Does the GTS still have factory strut top isolators on the front struts?
    Urethane replacements can cause what you describe.

No idea sorry. I assume I could tell by looking? (I'm no expert in this area). What are factory isolators made of.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander2287 View Post
    No idea sorry. I assume I could tell by looking? (I'm no expert in this area). What are factory isolators made of.
    The factory ones are very compliant black synthetic rubber.
    If you remove the nut on top of the strut, you can remove the retainer plate and see the isolator.

Feel is very subjective

Personally i like to feel the road

Tire pressure is good
    Low profile tires and width contribute

You bought a GTS mate, you know, the rocketship - what were you expecting?
    HSV Senator 300 - the Classy C4B..

C4B - ETP215s 62cc, Comp 215/223 .601/.609 @111+3, Manley 8.050" 5/16" P/R, Morel Link-bar lifters, Powerbond 25% UDP, 36lb injectors, SLP pump, Rollmaster chain, OTRCAI, T-56 - RipShift, 3.91:1 rear, DiFilippo 1.75" 4-1s, twin 3" st/st cat-back, 3" metal substrate hi-flow cats. AP-Racing 6/4-pots. EFIlive COS3 SD tune.

308rwkW(413rwhp)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/389253...lden-commodore

Thread Information