HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

Lowering and camber

I just had two shocks replaced in my malloo RHR and RHF (pedders coil overs)

And with the car being so low he said he canít cant the rear wheels to stand up, cause of how low it is, so the rear wheels will probably end up wearing on the inside.

This the norm?

ive had mine low for quite a while and it is wearing on the insides but before i let it got too far if they were rotated it wouldnt be too bad and would wear quite good im about 15k out of them atm prob another 5k+ depending on driving style

Quote Originally Posted by Vzr1 View Post

This the norm? ....]
    yup

people forget when you change ride height (of the body) there is absolutely ZERO change
    in the height of the wheel hub from the ground and ZERO change in the length of the lower suspension
    control arm (front or rear whatever end you are lowing)

So something has to give to allow the body height to change.. in the case of the front with a strut
    suspension, the strut leans INWARDS as the mounting point (on the chassis) comes down
    (remember the wheel hub/axle does not move) When the strut leans in, you get negative camber
    (or more negative camber) and the INSIDE edge of the tyre takes more vehicle weight
    .. and wears quicker. Same logic applies at the back

hth
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

My VE is a low as yours in that photo if not lower and I had no trouble getting 0 degrees camber on the rear.
    On the VE rear suspension the top control arm bolt at the hub end is slotted, loosen the bolt put a bar in between the hub and arm to pry the two apart and lock the bolt back up, then you will have no trouble getting the negative camber within spec with it that low.

I have heard that not all VEs are slotted but both my 08 and 10 VEs were.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjas View Post
    My VE is a low as yours in that photo if not lower and I had no trouble getting 0 degrees camber on the rear.
    On the VE rear suspension the top control arm bolt at the hub end is slotted, loosen the bolt put a bar in between the hub and arm to pry the two apart and lock the bolt back up, then you will have no trouble getting the negative camber within spec with it that low.

I have heard that not all VEs are slotted but both my 08 and 10 VEs were.
    Sounds like bobs back yard Bush mechanics lol. Why wouldnít they do this at the tyre place?

If it's the same as VF there shouldn't be a problem adjusting camber to factory spec (which I think is around -1 for VF). I had mine adjusted to -2 due to a slight rubbing issue after lowering it a lot
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Sounds like bobs back yard Bush mechanics lol. Why wouldn’t they do this at the tyre place?
    Should be done at alignment time, by the guy doing the alignment!
    2014 Gen-F GTS

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Should be done at alignment time, by the guy doing the alignment!
    It was, imagine if I walked back in and said these guys on the Internet tell me blah blah blah , he will probably just say turn the Internet off mate LOL. I have seen other Utes with exactly the same issues, tyres wearing on inside back from being too low

It was, imagine if I walked back in and said these guys on the Internet tell me blah blah blah , he will probably just say turn the Internet off mate LOL. I have seen other Utes with exactly the same issues, tyres wearing on inside back from being too low
    I only know about VF, not sure if VE was the same (although I had a 20mm lowered one and didnít have any tyre wear issues). I was there last week when we lowered my VF GTS on coilovers (70mm lower than a factory R, and there when it was aligned. It was adjusted to factory camber spec but we pulled the rears out to -2 to give the tyre some extra room as Iím running 285 rears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS

Why would you come on the internet and ask for advice and then bag the shit out of some who gives it to?
    Dont take my advice if you dont want to but theres no need to be a ****wit about it.

Thread Information