HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

Washer bottle tube

It appears I have a leak in the flex tube of the windscreen washer bottle which is apparently a common problem. I did some digging and thought I had found the correct part 92224546 but apparently this does not fit the LSA. Anyway I have now ordered the correct part but was wondering if anyone can tell me if this will be a simple DIY job to replace this piece.

I know with ve they bolt to the back of the front bar reo,which means front bar off and normally radiator support off.Im a panel beater and have changed a few but i nomally bolt them on to the reo and radiator support panel before bolting it all back on the car.

Sent from my SM-G900I using HSV Forum mobile app

You "may" be able to get away with removing the air intake and inner wheel guard liner.
    This will certainly gain you a fair bit of access to the area without removing the bar.

Bar removal isn't as a big a deal as people think, but you should be able to get at it with the bar on.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

I have read with the ve that you can pull the tubing out from the bottle and replace the flex section and then reinsert into bottle. I was hoping this might be similar with the vf.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander2287 View Post
    I have read with the ve that you can pull the tubing out from the bottle and replace the flex section and then reinsert into bottle. I was hoping this might be similar with the vf.
    Ohh sorry I thought you were changing out the entire bottle.
    If it’s just the tube you should be fine from the top without the intake in the way

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Ensure it still has a working inline one way valve. Its just a spring and ball bearing that keeps the line full and you don't f the windscreen.
    Cheers andrew with no james boags or hsv's, lots of camels though!

There seems to be a leak in the corrugated U section of the tubing. As stated I was hoping from what I have read to be able to carefully remove the tubing from the bottle and replace the corrugated section and then reinsert the tubing into the bottle. Not sure if I will cause any further problems by attempting this.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander2287 View Post
    There seems to be a leak in the corrugated U section of the tubing. As stated I was hoping from what I have read to be able to carefully remove the tubing from the bottle and replace the corrugated section and then reinsert the tubing into the bottle. Not sure if I will cause any further problems by attempting this.
    I had the issues just wiped it dry and smear some urethane sikaflex in there.

You should be able to get to it if you put the car on ramps, and remove the lower tray behind the front bar.

Thanks for all the info and tips. I have been working and not had a chance to have a closer look at it yet. I did put some silicon sealant on the tube to give it a try first. I have not put any further water in the tubing yet or used washers. I still have water trickling down from left side corner of car. Not sure whether this is still remnants from tubing still dribbling out of corner of guard area, or have a leak in bottle as well. I am off tomorrow and plan to at least remove the wheel and/or lift it up to see what access I can get and to see if I can determine whether there is just the one leak or more. I have only owned the car for just over a month but if there are any big hassles I will be taking it back to the dealer to sort out under the warranty.

Thread Information