HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator01 View Post
    Well. Got my decals today so the A9X will soon be looking how it was meant to!!
    pic when done would be great

Talking of political correctness etc and lock-out laws. As a child finishing High School - second year of the 'sixth form' system, I can still remember the rush to get into the mid-Crown Street pub for the 6 o'clock swill. Shortly after, it became 10 pm closing.

Not many people could afford to 'party' every night. Weekly or fortnightly pay packets where it was actually cash that was received did see people until closing time. Other nights the bar was rarely crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by zRoYz View Post
    pic when done would be great
    I use to use photo bucket but it has changed somewhat. What is the new method for posting pics?
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

I just use the Tapatalk app and upload it directly through there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very anti smoking but I loved the look of the Frank Gardner era JPS BMWs. Admit the influence was powerful but too much of a scardy cat to get through a single JPS Packet. Munich Legends a cl***ic BMW dealer (maybe no longer trading) sold their cars as vaguely "when BMWs were about understeer and oversteer and not gadgets". I remember my HQ driving dad in the 70s showing our family friends new BMW 3.xL manual sedan to me as "what a waste of money..." Very much a HSV of the times sports sedan. All I could see was perfect sense. Now BMW buying is not a statement, it's pretty PC.

I will be looking at the ex NSW Highway Patrol 530d ex-chasers when they are off loaded. There are often members of the Police Force who got a chaser spec car but were not in a thrash it job. Even a thrashed one may have fixable mechanical issues than untraceable BMW electronic faults....Almost all the people I know who modded and tuned mechanical BMWs are out of the game, or tell me they "only service now".
    Last edited by SenatorW; 29-01-2019 at 09:51 PM.

It's good this topic came back up.
    Anyone noticed the Mission Winnow stickers on the Ferrari car mid-last year? And now full sponsor of Ducati in MotoGP.
    Marketing at it's finest - it's Philip Morris owned and they're skirting the cigarette laws to get something Marlboro orientated back on the car!

Looking into the company, it's the most broad description of what they do, and thus far have only released a Kimi: Haiku book...

Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    I'm very anti smoking but I loved the look of the Frank Gardner era JPS BMWs. Admit the influence was powerful but too much of a scardy cat to get through a single JPS Packet. Munich Legends a cl***ic BMW dealer (maybe no longer trading) sold their cars as vaguely "when BMWs were about understeer and oversteer and not gadgets". I remember my HQ driving dad in the 70s showing our family friends new BMW 3.xL manual sedan to me as "what a waste of money..." Very much a HSV of the times sports sedan. All I could see was perfect sense. Now BMW buying is not a statement, it's pretty PC.

I will be looking at the ex NSW Highway Patrol 530d ex-chasers when they are off loaded. There are often members of the Police Force who got a chaser spec car but were not in a thrash it job. Even a thrashed one may have fixable mechanical issues than untraceable BMW electronic faults....Almost all the people I know who modded and tuned mechanical BMWs are out of the game, or tell me they "only service now".
    Wait a bit and you could probably get a used non-cop 530d for a good price. I'm amazed at how much old BMWs depreciate.

Look at early '90s 540 with a V8, all the leather, GPS, fake wood and all the mod cons. You can pick them up for $5-10K in great condition and they were a $150K car when new! An SS Commodore at the same time was under $40K.

The responsibilities of marriage and kids got me out of BMW. My last BMW would have been early 90s. I came back from exchange with the US Army medical corp in 2005. An there was a factory stock Ls1 Impulse Blue CV8 Monaro manual demonstrator. In 2005 a stock LS1 was a rocket (lol). I was just amazed at how fun to drive it was met my wife etc. With kids we went to an F6 Typhoon (an entry into the "special Australian cars) and AWD Magna. This century I've had no interest in BMW, despite most of my peers getting them. My VF Senator is my only HSV, and I've never felt the need for BMW. I have a lemon free run with Australian cars this century. The chaser interests me as it has a different journey. Thrashed by the Police. Serviced by them as well. A lot of Ex lease BMW I've inspected have been treated with no sympathy, rattle more than an Aussie car, have electrical gremlins and would cost plenty to put right. Both my Magna and Senator have mileage but are tight and rattle free.

I'm fortunate to have a wife who supports drives and heavily kerbs the wheels of my purchases. As we age we are more on the look out for a survivor style car from the chrome bumper era as a mutual project.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 31-01-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Back to political correctness, I often get a dig about running a V8. I've found not living in Sydney where the car is idling, but moving through Canberra or intercity touring. For what the LS3 offers they are fuel efficient in these moving but non idling situations.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 31-01-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Thread Information