HSV Forum

Page 4 of 5 First << ... 2345 Last >>
    Penrite MGO 70 is what you want. Fill it up thru the bung and then put another 500ml in thru the reverse switch.

Sounds like Oztrack were pretty helpful, can be a rare thing to find these days!

Ok will get on to that this weekend. Yeah I was surprised, I rang them about info on it and they said to send a detailed email and the tuner would get back to me ( I couldn't even find out off the seller what oil to use)

I expected a week or so to wait. Email response was received within 4hrs and I was bloody shocked the time they spent helping me and it was of absolutely no financial gain to them they just simply helped to help which as you said is very bloody rare these days.

Unfortunately I'm already to use to the power of this and doesn't feel special anymore lol so I'm thinking new pistons and a top mounts charger of some sort. Stroker is all forged and it has bullet pistons so it would seem a shame not to cram some boost through a solid motor . Should turn some descent numbers with a 383, charger and the Texas heads that are on it. I was going to do the auto conversion but every shop I have contacted isn't going to give me any change from 10k so I would rather make it that powerful that I could take a minute to shift hears and still beat everything

What type of charger do you guys think I should go with? God I wish it was legal to have a 6 or 8/71 out the bonnet

A 1900/2300 from Magnuson/Harrop or a Whipple. I'd probably go the Whipple just to be different. You'd be looking at a fair bit more than 10k to rebuild the motor and put a supercharger on top though, I'd budget double. You'll pretty much need to tear the motor down, check it over, change the pistons and cam then add the cost of supercharging which will be 10-15k. Will also need some sort of a fuel system at that point too.

Will be a beast though!

Yeah the Whipple is what I was thinking. So he said comp is 11.2 in the email. Is there any heads with a chamber big enough to get the comp down a full point? Was thinking if I can get it down to low 10.0-10.2 I could run 6-8psi safely on e85? Or do I need comp down to 9 ish?
    Last edited by Evilvy; 1 Week Ago at 09:11 AM.

Is a 240/244 112 ( don't know lift) a fairly big cam?

Thanks

Yes.
    It's probably one of the biggest hydraulic cams most manufacturers would have as an "off the shelf" cam if that gives you an idea lol

Lol

That's what's in my stroker and I was asking should I go bigger lol. Have finally got some traction issues sorted, running 245 20's on the back and got rid of the sssl back springs, doesn't look as good but if I peddle it in second until it hooks up at 80% throttle I can then hit third flat foot.

I need to order one of those rip shifters though as I will admit I have missed third a few times now. 4.11 diff should arrive tomorrow so I can put it in next week and hopefully that will help driveability a bit. Also have a set of Pentagon 20's on it now which look quite nice, going to have them done in gloss black in a week or two when I can Afford it .

Was speaking to engine builder about the blower and just don't think I want to spend that sort of cash at the moment, they did mention I could put it on the bottle though and a 200hp shot would be fine. That would put at about 800hp at the motor when I spray
    Last edited by Evilvy; 5 Days Ago at 11:07 PM.

Sounds like it's very quickly getting a lot better than when you first picked it up.
    You'll need to get your speedo adjusted when you put the shorter gears in. Tuner can do it in 5 minutes but not sure how easy it would be for you to get to Oztrack?

Yes it's amazing how the little improvements are coming together so well. I think just all of the hype when I first got it it overwhelmed me enough that I was too stupid just to realise one massive problem I had was hard compound and nasty tyres lol

Oztrack would be a pretty big trek for me. Is my computer going to be locked to oztrack from when they tuned it? If so to unlock it will they wipe it?

They were so helpful that I wanted them to do a nos install but he said hey dont do it at the moment and told me just to find a good mechanic so would he have said if it was locked as I assume I need a good bloody tune and some timing pulled when the nos is done, I have found a nice kit from a place that oztrack put me on to and I think there is a fast manifold that comes with the ports ( I have no real idea how it hooks up) to hook up the nos, kit also comes with blanket, purger, arming switches etc

One thing I don't want is a peddle activated switch though as I'm worried if I stuff up or something and hit it at too low revs. Place said I could even go 300hp progressive if I wanted doing 100hp shot off the line and 200hp from the top of second up. They just said I need someone incredibly experienced with nos and nos tuning so if anyone can point me in that direction it would be great. Also if anyone is running a wet nos system in there ls powered car I would love to hear your thoughts on it wether good or bad. Cheers

Thread Information