HSV Forum

Page 5 of 5 First << ... 345
    I would be surprised if he hasn't locked the tune, I'm pretty sure he always used to, going by a couple of guys I know that used him in the past. Can see your new tuner and see if they can access it, if not then you'll have to speak to Oztrack and see if they'll unlock it. Some will just unlock it, others will unlock it but flash a standard tune back in and the really difficult ones will refuse to do anything which leaves you needing to get the whole thing wiped which can be a pain.

Spoke with them today and it is locked. He said there happy to unlock it but then it has to go back to the stock tune or if I want they will tune it after the nitrous is installed so think I will just do that, considering it's there cam etc and they know about the motor.

Seems to be running a bit rich anyway as it's guzzling about 16 liters on highway driving to Goulburn and back.
    Last edited by Evilvy; 16-07-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilvy View Post
    Spoke with them today and it is locked. He said there happy to unlock it but then it has to go back to the stock tune or if I want they will tune it after the nitrous is installed so think I will just do that, considering it's there cam etc and they know about the motor.

Seems to be running a bit rich anyway as it's guzzling about 16 liters on highway driving to Goulburn and back.
    I'd say that has more to do with the lean cruise. Just another field that can be jigged with in the tune.
    You'll certainly need to adjust it when the 4.11s come in, won't be a economical piece anymore on the hwy.

Worth checking the O2's as well. Fuel economy goes out the window when they pack it in.

Extra fuel usage was from a broken temp sensor which was found when doing valley plate gasket

that sort of thing doesn't come up as fault code?
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255

No it didn't unfortunately. Car was running fine as well and everything was normal, just drank a lot of 98 though lol

yep the drag strip will destry your clutch unless ist race ready.

Thread Information