HSV Forum

Page 3 of 12 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    APS sorta tuned mine , if you poke the engine with a stick is that a tune?
    I wasn't happy and took it to vision for a real tune, picked up 37rwkw....
    mickyinc

I am starting to get sick of your little digs buddy.

When you have a crack at APS , you are having a crack at me as I am the tuner.

This is what I do for a living , and have done so for 10 years with literally 1000's of happy customers , furthermore the reputation we have isn't through us talking it up , it's come to us by years of providing great service and doing the job right with proven results ( not forum talking shi....).

Now how about we drop the little innuendos and get down to your problem with APS and how you went about fixing it.

You brought us a car which had a heap of issues , and was ecu locked by your previous tuner ( yep , someone had a go at it before us , but of course it was my rich tune with low timing that did the damage right ?)

If I recall correctly , your catch can was plumbed wrong and was filling your combustion chambers full of oil.
    Your car also had an under bonnet fire at some stage and half your wiring loom had exposed wires - but that's irrelevant.

We had your ecu unlocked , and had a few issues as your car had started off as an auto but then was swapped to a manual - no big deal we sorted it and tuned it.
    You then returned the car at a later date because you had some issues when trying to drive at low rpm in a high hear - let's not beat about the bush , you had one serious cam in it and it was a tricky one ....I'm not 100% sure but I think you had also changed the throttle body .

We both went out together for at least 2 hrs in your car and had a good crack at sorting it , one of the things I played with was injector timing and I made you well aware of it as I was showing you what I was doing step by step to try and improve the driveability of your car .

You not once mentioned a single other problem you had , and yes I have read all the BS you have typed so far , nor , did you ever bring the car back for us to "try fix these said " problems , again- hard to fix our wrongs if we are not given the chance.

Instead , you took it to Steve at Vision ( who no doubt does a great job ) but had previously lost a customer to us . You then immediately start harping on about how bad a job we did....

I mean I'm not saying it , but seems someone may have been feed a load of horse shi..to make us look bad.

But it gets better.

Your car comes off our mainline dyno and goes on a dyno dynamics , you post up some BS dyno sheet "look how bad my tune was". yeah cool

Was it exactly as it came off our dyno ? did it have any other issues that may have arisen ? was it on the same brand and octane fuel ? - who cares right , because it's the "tune".

You start telling everyone what a bad tuner & what a crap job I did - suddenly you know all about tuning ( even though you have also said you haven't got a clue)

But but - 13:1 and 11.0 is unsafe...and the detonation....read that rubbish too

Here it is in a nutshell for your followers and anyone that cares:

1/ ALL the tuning I do includes a HIGH and a LOW octane fuel table - when the engine knocks , the timing retards and the ecu biases the timing to the LOW octane table until it sees no knock activity and then steps up to the high.

The car wouldn't knock on 98 fuel with active knock sensors more than once before the octane scaler pulled the timing into the low map.

13:1 and 11:1 is perfectly safe on a cammed and aspirated engine, the air fuel mixture has no bearing on cylinder pressure ( which is what makes the cylinder pressure and the power )

Ignition timing on the other hand does....

Wonder how the extra power was found , now you know , you don't just pick up 35 + kw by leaning off the air fuel.

I sincerely hope you drop this BS mate as the next step is for a letter from our solicitor explaining what "defamation" means

Luis

Fastest WM Grange in the country down the 1/4 mile and 1,000m no-prep runway sprints...tuned by APS. Not sure what your complaining about.
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Are they building the engine?
    Nah...sounds like he took Louis a turd and expected him to polish it for $5 bucks.
    The Great White Whale.

DROWNING IN SUBSONIC DUB

Advice on stroker or supercharge or turbo setup please ls3?

Its strange that mickys car would get more power on the dyno at vision because when i told them my car with heads and cam had 330rwkw he said not on my dyno

A dyno is merely a tuning tool anyway and not a be all and end all indicator
    It should also be fine tuned on the road and i believe butt dyno and driveability to be better indicator

Luis i asked frank a number of times for a quote on a stroker but he hasnt sent one.
    I would like something in writing before pushing the button before spending $15k

Quote Originally Posted by Stewiecasserole View Post
    Nah...sounds like he took Louis a turd and expected him to polish it for $5 bucks.
    I was talking about craze, not mickyinc

We deal with APS and Vision pretty often, both shops have cars that run the numbers, both also seem like straight shooters.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by hsv.286 View Post
    .. Aps retuned my car after another reputable company tuned it and sorted out the dogs breakfast tune so I hope you can fully back up what you are saying..
    I can 100% back up what I've said otherwise I wouldn't have said it. Pretty simple .
    Got a baseline on dyno, which by the way was 27kw lower than they stated, then retuned , for guess what , 37rwkw gain
    AFR was mid 13 and to get a power figure he just leaned it off over last 1500rpm, heavily modified 454 running standard injector cycle... yep that's how you do it .
    Seat of the pants like chalk and cheese. I can give you my tuners number if u like.

Quote Originally Posted by LSTNR View Post
    mickyinc

I am starting to get sick of your little digs buddy.

When you have a crack at APS , you are having a crack at me as I am the tuner.

This is what I do for a living , and have done so for 10 years with literally 1000's of happy customers , furthermore the reputation we have isn't through us talking it up , it's come to us by years of providing great service and doing the job right with proven results ( not forum talking shi....).

Now how about we drop the little innuendos and get down to your problem with APS and how you went about fixing it.

You brought us a car which had a heap of issues , and was ecu locked by your previous tuner ( yep , someone had a go at it before us , but of course it was my rich tune with low timing that did the damage right ?)

If I recall correctly , your catch can was plumbed wrong and was filling your combustion chambers full of oil.
    Your car also had an under bonnet fire at some stage and half your wiring loom had exposed wires - but that's irrelevant.

We had your ecu unlocked , and had a few issues as your car had started off as an auto but then was swapped to a manual - no big deal we sorted it and tuned it.
    You then returned the car at a later date because you had some issues when trying to drive at low rpm in a high hear - let's not beat about the bush , you had one serious cam in it and it was a tricky one ....I'm not 100% sure but I think you had also changed the throttle body .

We both went out together for at least 2 hrs in your car and had a good crack at sorting it , one of the things I played with was injector timing and I made you well aware of it as I was showing you what I was doing step by step to try and improve the driveability of your car .

You not once mentioned a single other problem you had , and yes I have read all the BS you have typed so far , nor , did you ever bring the car back for us to "try fix these said " problems , again- hard to fix our wrongs if we are not given the chance.

Instead , you took it to Steve at Vision ( who no doubt does a great job ) but had previously lost a customer to us . You then immediately start harping on about how bad a job we did....

I mean I'm not saying it , but seems someone may have been feed a load of horse shi..to make us look bad.

But it gets better.

Your car comes off our mainline dyno and goes on a dyno dynamics , you post up some BS dyno sheet "look how bad my tune was". yeah cool

Was it exactly as it came off our dyno ? did it have any other issues that may have arisen ? was it on the same brand and octane fuel ? - who cares right , because it's the "tune".

You start telling everyone what a bad tuner & what a crap job I did - suddenly you know all about tuning ( even though you have also said you haven't got a clue)

But but - 13:1 and 11.0 is unsafe...and the detonation....read that rubbish too

Here it is in a nutshell for your followers and anyone that cares:

1/ ALL the tuning I do includes a HIGH and a LOW octane fuel table - when the engine knocks , the timing retards and the ecu biases the timing to the LOW octane table until it sees no knock activity and then steps up to the high.

The car wouldn't knock on 98 fuel with active knock sensors more than once before the octane scaler pulled the timing into the low map.

13:1 and 11:1 is perfectly safe on a cammed and aspirated engine, the air fuel mixture has no bearing on cylinder pressure ( which is what makes the cylinder pressure and the power )

Ignition timing on the other hand does....

Wonder how the extra power was found , now you know , you don't just pick up 35 + kw by leaning off the air fuel.

I sincerely hope you drop this BS mate as the next step is for a letter from our solicitor explaining what "defamation" means

Luis
    Mate , it's a fact , you did an absolutely piss poor job . I have the baseline figures for your tune, then for the new tune. You can't change that .
    I'm not a mechanic, I dont tune cars, that's why it came to you. Then to get the car back and find it's no where near properly tuned.
    The fact is you dropped the ball , you did the poor job, I just paid you good money to do it. And you think I'm talking BS!!!!!!
    So mr tuner, when you can change the facts about your tune, then you can have a whinge , otherwise shut the f up and do the job how it should be done....
    Last edited by mickyinc; 29-06-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewiecasserole View Post
    Go over the parts in the engine, then give my builder a call, it definitely is not a turd. $1350 for a tune is a tad more than 5

Louis,

How about You run my car up on YOUR dyno to get a baseline, then you can flash your tune in and run it up again, on your dyno again.
    That will tell us who's full of BS.
    Last edited by mickyinc; 29-06-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Thread Information