HSV Forum

Page 16 of 16 First << ... 6141516
    Im still to hear back as to what caused my engine failure, was supposed to be pulled out of car last Friday and whilst i suspect it was due to oil starvation until we get to look inside only guessing. I still think for cost of sump baffle stupid not to put one in. Will report back once I know more. At this stage Im still thinking a baffled sump plus a 2 or 3 quart Accusump is the way Ill go.

Mickyinc did you have to remove or loose your Air Con system when you install the dry sump system? As I use my car as weekend street car and track car the idea of loosing AC, plus the cost is putting me off the dry sump idea. Mind you if I drop another motor will kick myself for not going dry sump. Ive attached link to a good baffled sump video. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5&&FORM=VRDGAR

Cheers Horto

try the aeroflow sump baffle its alot cheaper and does the same thing

Thanks, I came to same conclusion and have already bought one and have it in my garage. Just dont have a engine to put it in.:sad

Yep will lose aircon... definitely get Aeroflow baffle if you need a baffle, as 07gts said it's same as others just heaps chesper

Hi Craze

Matt at HPF is pretty much proposing to build me a 416 stroker pretty much same spec as yours except standard inlet manifold at this stage. Is there any changes you'd suggest? Are you happy with the cam in yours?. Ill be using mine as a weekend street car and circuit track day car. Any chance you could take me for a quick spin in yours? Cheers Horto

Hi Craze

Matt at HPF is pretty much proposing to build me a 416 stroker pretty much same spec as yours except standard inlet manifold at this stage. Is there any changes you'd suggest? Are you happy with the cam in yours?. Ill be using mine as a weekend street car and circuit track day car. Any chance you could take me for a quick spin in yours? Cheers Horto

Oops sorry for double post.

Sure thing. Pm me ur number

Thread Information