HSV Forum

Page 12 of 12 First << ... 2101112
    I took it back to hpf and they built a truetrac diff and changed ratio, we changed the engine mounts and had to work on the headers that aps fitted as they were hitting steering shaft
    It got new exhaust tips as the old ones were splitting from vibrations
    Deleted centre hotdogs

Ive done 3000km on it and enjoyed it

I want to do some youtube vids but i really need some help with it and work has been really busy

Everyone always asks how much power it makes, its about 350rwkw, but we never built it for power
    Winding this thing out to 7000rpm is really fun. Its about 600hp at the motor and for the sort of driving i do its a great balance, its powerful but not scary, plenty of ommph coming out of the corners, the speedo winds out very quickly
    We could have supercharged it for $10k less with more power but i didnt want that, i wanted a tough na stroker as i really enjoy na motors

Even had a ford bloke at the servo comment how nice it sounded

Thats awesome your happy with it craze.
    Sometimes people are dissapointed with power from strokers, its not about hp its all about the torque,punchin out of the corners.
    Are you happy with the 3.7 diff gears, how much difference they make?

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post

I want to do some youtube vids but i really need some help with it and work has been really busy
    Try and use an external microphone as most internal microphones on phones and cameras arenít the best. If you are filming whilst moving make sure it has a wind blocker.
    This is a quick video I put together last week using a GOPRO 7 Black with an external mic, and a DJI MavicPRO.

https://instagram.com/p/BpPAXALnASa/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Thats awesome your happy with it craze.
    Sometimes people are dissapointed with power from strokers, its not about hp its all about the torque,punchin out of the corners.
    Are you happy with the 3.7 diff gears, how much difference they make?
    It had 3.7 but now 4.11
    Definitely made it nicer to drive for the 6 speed manual

Like i said before first thing people ask is how much power? But i dont really care for that too much
    For me its the whole experience
    The sound of the exhaust, the rumble of induction noise, the vibrations in the cabin being transmitted
    600hp is great, i can go flat knacker and even in the wet its not a handle silly machine which turbo and sc cars offer
    A lot of turbo cars now have torque reduction for first 2 gears and i believe its a great idea to make it driveable

Thanks for the tips regarding video, id like to meet up with someone that can do this, maybe i can try airtasker and find a clever uni student, computers and that stuff make my head hurt these days

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Try and use an external microphone as most internal microphones on phones and cameras aren’t the best. If you are filming whilst moving make sure it has a wind blocker.
    This is a quick video I put together last week using a GOPRO 7 Black with an external mic, and a DJI MavicPRO.

https://instagram.com/p/BpPAXALnASa/

What external mic did you use with the go pro.
    Current
    2010 E2 Clubsport Manual
    Previous
    2008 VE SV6
    2008 E1 Clubsport Auto

Quote Originally Posted by xplaya View Post
    What external mic did you use with the go pro.
    Cannot remember the brand but it was a lapel mic with a 1.2m cord and I made an extra wind sock for it out of foam. Internally I use a polar pro microphone kit, not used in the above videos, but in some of my others I have and it picks up engine and blower whine from inside the cabin.

Forgot all about Workshop Wars on TV but found it on 7Plus here for anyone interested. It's right at the start

https://7plus.com.au/rides-down-unde...-id=RIDU01-004

Thread Information