HSV Forum


Page 2 of 2 First << 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Thanks Matt, these rotors are fairly recent so not about to give up and change them just yet, plenty of life and machining is cheap, just annoying. Happy to try other brake pads after next skim and report back results.
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
    Thanks Matt, these rotors are fairly recent so not about to give up and change them just yet, plenty of life and machining is cheap, just annoying. Happy to try other brake pads after next skim and report back results.
    No worries

    Matt Pearce
    Race Brakes Sydney
    PH 02 9609 1101
    www.racebrakessydney.com.au

  3. #13
    They are pretty bad, only machined 2 months ago but were getting the wobbles only 2-3 weeks after. Next time I get a suitable day off I'll need them done as they are becoming a hazard to stopping in traffic.
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    49
    Discs shouldn't really need machining as per this article.

    http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su...nd-other-myths

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
    They are pretty bad, only machined 2 months ago but were getting the wobbles only 2-3 weeks after. Next time I get a suitable day off I'll need them done as they are becoming a hazard to stopping in traffic.
    2-3 weeks after machining seems to be a real issue i think you definitely need to have this fixed up.

    Matt Pearce
    Race Brakes Sydney
    PH 02 9609 1101
    www.racebrakessydney.com.au

  6. #16
    Yes, it's obviously a problem and it's the same problem every time it's brought up. Yes, they need machining or the car is undriveable, look like riding a horse galloping down the road.
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255

  7. #17
    Any ideas on a combination that works then? Seems what I have is fairly common and yet they have no issues and I'm on second set of both. These are the first pads that are remotely quiet. I can't recall if I used others long enough to develop the warp, I tended to decide quickly if I needed to try something else or be too embarrassed to drive in traffic, now I get that anyway!

    I have both Bremtec and Bendix pads on the shelf. If I get a chance I'll slip a set in if I get the discs cleaned up before any other ideas and see what happens.
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    7,395
    Best bet would be to give Matt a call and discuss pad options

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
    Any ideas on a combination that works then? Seems what I have is fairly common and yet they have no issues and I'm on second set of both. These are the first pads that are remotely quiet. I can't recall if I used others long enough to develop the warp, I tended to decide quickly if I needed to try something else or be too embarrassed to drive in traffic, now I get that anyway!

    I have both Bremtec and Bendix pads on the shelf. If I get a chance I'll slip a set in if I get the discs cleaned up before any other ideas and see what happens.
    This is no bullshit but both those brands you have we have seen constant issues with brake shudder. I have yet to find a brake pad that is quiet all the time but we have combo's that do not shudder. Terrible problem i know. Shudder or possible noise.

    Matt Pearce
    Race Brakes Sydney
    PH 02 9609 1101
    www.racebrakessydney.com.au

  10. #20
    Yep, much of them came from Matt, pads, rotors and caliper kits, where we were first discussing ideas for this.
    Ben
    1978 Firebird Formula 6.6L W50
    2002 HSV Clubsport R8 255







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •