HSV Forum

Rubber door and window seals

Can anyone point me in the rite direction in regards to rubber door and window seals, I'm in Melbourne.
    There not to bad but they feel brittle so I may as well replace the lot while it's off the road.

Nothing available genuine? They're usually the best in my experience

If it was 30 years old I could send you to a great place (just did the door seals on my EH as I got it back on the road a few weeks ago). But as above, I would try genuine parts, you know they'll fit.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    If it was 30 years old I could send you to a great place (just did the door seals on my EH as I got it back on the road a few weeks ago). But as above, I would try genuine parts, you know they'll fit.
    I ended up getting the manual out to see how hard to fix... very easy to pull them out so I'll go buy new oem on Tuesday .. it's really only the ones in the windows

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    Could you let us know who supplied your EH stuff ... I've got five restos in the build at the moment covering cars from 73 - 2005 .... I'm alway looking for good sealing products ....

I've used Rare Spares in the past with mixed results on rubbers.

These guys seem to have a greater range (well for my EH anyway)

https://betterautorubber.com.au/

I bought online and arrived 2 business days later. Quality seems great with the door seals and the brake pedal bump stops. Next to go is the front and rear quarter windows. May even the the rear side windows at some point as I remember there was a tiny leak on each side.

These were my old seals

https://imgur.com/a/nDS8iqK
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Thanks for that - I've never come across them before and by chance they are in SA next weekend ... I'm deep into a Sept 73 XU1 resto that has a mix of LJ and LH trim and finishing bits that they could get me over the line with!

They get great feedback on a couple of the EJ/EH Facebook pages I’m on for people doing rebuilds. Love to see the XU1 when you’re done. I wanted an LJ as my first car but it wasn’t meant to be.

Thread Information