HSV Forum

VE/VF Owners You Need This!!!

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Hey mate is this it the same as the other 6.5l tank, just bigger?? As in same spot, same operation etc.

Withouth having a chiller though, once all that fluid heats up, wouldn't it be harder to cool down with the standard HX than the stock 2l system??

Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    Hey mate is this it the same as the other 6.5l tank, just bigger?? As in same spot, same operation etc.

Withouth having a chiller though, once all that fluid heats up, wouldn't it be harder to cool down with the standard HX than the stock 2l system??

Cheers mate.
    Yes same location, but shaped exactly the the same size as the area and with enough room to foam insulate the tank if you wish.

The temperature of the fluid will not physically get as hot, it will also run colder, we've seen in the past when adding the 6.5L reservoir it lowers highway cruising IAT2.

Cooling time (wiping the heat off) through the front heat exchanger will be the same, even on the 6.5L reservoir track guys noticed colder intake temps and more stable intake temps, going larger is only going to make it colder and colder for a longer period of time.

2017 HSV GTSR

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

SOOOOOOooooooooo ouw much ????

I can see the benefits but will take longer to cool down as well using the chiller,for us guys that have the reservoir already do we qualify for a discooooooooouuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnntttttttttttt..... ........

No problem, thanks mate... also keen on a price for this tank.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
    SOOOOOOooooooooo ouw much ????

I can see the benefits but will take longer to cool down as well using the chiller,for us guys that have the reservoir already do we qualify for a discooooooooouuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnntttttttttttt..... ........
    $550 for the 12L reservoir.

Cool down time is very very similar.
    I saw this last year when I was in the US they were using 20-25L trunk tanks and I wanted to see how long it would take to cool the entire volume of fluid right down, it's only about 2min extra and that was for a 20L tank fitted with my chiller.

2017 HSV GTSR

Thread Information