HSV Forum

Page 6 of 6 First << ... 456
    Far out that's crazy, im surprised even stock it got that hot!

Well I cant wait for my N-Gauge to rock up so I can track and monitor all my temps.. my usual "hills run" is around 4-5min with a transport section to another 4-5min dash, im curious to see what she will do.

Will post back once I got it running... would be good to do that run say 4 or 5 times over a week span, log them all and take an average... then install your 12ltr ressi, do the same and take an average reading. Im keen for the catch can and ressi next.

Cheers.

Ok guys my N-Gauge just rocked up in the post now (thanks again kirk).

How do you run the cable from the dash / windshield down the the OBD port?? Cant find any examples or instructions on how to do that, I don't want to have the cable dangling in front off the dash.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    Ok guys my N-Gauge just rocked up in the post now (thanks again kirk).

How do you run the cable from the dash / windshield down the the OBD port?? Cant find any examples or instructions on how to do that, I don't want to have the cable dangling in front off the dash.

Cheers.
    same as this but on our side, mounting is mentioned near the end
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWRRfYS_jng

07gts - perfect thanks for the link mate!

Okay so a little update, I took the car out for a squirt last night and had 6 pid's running... (IAT2, Boost, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Engine Oil Temp, Engine Coolant Temp).

Engine Oil temp was sitting at 102-104c under normal driving and the IAT2's were around 30c (last night ambient was 19c). After a few hard pulls in 2nd and 3rd to redline straight after each other, IAT2's rose to 60-65c, but to my surprise they dropped back to 30-32c within well under 1min of normal driving which is great.. Doesn't seem to heat soak much if you have airflow.

Boost peaked at 11.7-11.8psi (3rd gear, WOT), but when I got on it hard in 2nd and fryed the rears it rose to 12.0psi. (this is with 18% crank pulley).

Oil pressure when hot is around 35-38psi.

All in all, im super happy with the purchase its really good to be able to see how the car responds in the real world. If your into that kind of stuff highly recommend it.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ASD14; 10-08-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Thread Information