HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

HSV Gen-F 30 Years Tourer numbers

Hi gang,

Anyone have an idea how many 30 years R8 Tourers have veen made?

I'm potentially going to go all in on one and have it be the forever car and despite knowing all the little add ons over the LSA Tourer I'm curious to how many have been made.

I reckon this might be one of the most limited build numbers in recent times.

Cheers,

Snowy
    My Rides:
    2014 Gen F HSV GTS Auto in Sting Red;
    2015 VW Golf R Mk7 DSG in Lapiz Blue.

Love mine. From memory there is 120 in Ausi and 9 in NZ.

If there is going to be something that will hold its value in the short term its this.

Pick of the bunch IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMateGTS View Post
    If there is going to be something that will hold its value in the short term its this. Pick of the bunch IMO.
    But why? It's not a bad thing at all, however, it sold in low numbers for a reason (no-one wanted it and it was overpriced compared to the sedan which had Bose and a sunroof)l and it was the first to be axed after Grange. With all due respect to the vehicle and its owners, but I doubt any clubbie will ever be the 'pick of the bunch' in terms of value or desirability, and to be fair, neither will any Senator..
    Last edited by Senator30; 18-05-2018 at 02:56 AM.

People said the same of the Coupe4 when compared to the Coupe GTS.... rarity is important.
    Also, the in class comparison for stock vehicles is limited to extremely expensive euro estates like the E Class Merc or Audi.
    The Maloos would be my top pick for a collector but I need more than 2 seats for functionality.
    My Rides:
    2014 Gen F HSV GTS Auto in Sting Red;
    2015 VW Golf R Mk7 DSG in Lapiz Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdoggydogg View Post

I reckon this might be one of the most limited build numbers in recent times.

Cheers,

Snowy
    GenF R8 Tourers with MANUAL trans would fall into that category
    Numbers I have seen range from a build of only 40 up to 70 max
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdoggydogg View Post
    People said the same of the Coupe4 when compared to the Coupe GTS.... rarity is important.
    I'd imagine most would still take the GTS these days. I know I would

Wagons are great. It's a daily driver for me and I need the cargo space for work and young family. I wish they and done a GTSR version and/or made the rear end look different from the SSV but who cares...it's still awesome to drive.

I've never seen a Manual VF wagon, I didn't think Holden ever made a VF (or VE) manual wagon, so there wasn't a donor model for HSV to do it's magic on. Must be extremely rare if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by D3F1ANT View Post
    I've never seen a Manual VF wagon, I didn't think Holden ever made a VF (or VE) manual wagon, so there wasn't a donor model for HSV to do it's magic on. Must be extremely rare if they did.
    Holden and HSV made manual VE wagons.... V6 and V8 for Holden (I had 2 VE SSv manual wagons)
    and V8 of course for HSV on VE and GenF (one of each for me.. with the GenF still in the driveway)
    and nothing on GenFII

Pretty disappointing given that Holden had been making V8 manual wagons since HK
    (my first was a HZ 5.0 4 speed manual Prem wagon in about 197

my current GenF sprouts this (after I binned the terrible slippery factory one)

as delivered from HSV

VE looked like this...

Series II

and Series I
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Thread Information