HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Nitrous for GenF GTS?

What are your opinions on getting a nitrous kit installed on a 2015 GTS. As it is at the moment it has had high flow injectors, larger lower supercharger pulley, vcm air intake, Texas comp cam, and 3” SS eng back xforce exhaust with varex muffler installed.
    So is getting a nitrous install worthwhile? I won’t be racing it but more just think having it would be kind of fun.
    Anyway, thoughts?

It's a lot more combustion pressure and heat created, so your weak links are going to be if the stock pistons can handle it,
    ring end gaps of the stock pistons, if the cylinder head will lift and if the tuner is capable of tuning around the nitrous in terms of removing power to suit.

There is a lot that goes into a system, most guys run a wet system which is fuel and nitrous usually you run a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous, purge solenoid, remote bottle opener, bottle heater, ignition retarder box just to name a few things.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Sheesh how more power u want? Years ago to have 430fwkw would have been a dream lol

Not sure why you'd want nitrous if you're not racing it. Pretty hefty fines if you're caught with a bottle hooked up on the street

Why?? I can't undersatnd why you would want it with out using it on the track?
    its expensive for the short period of gain you get, and as stated above if your not using it for racing, well its seems a bit over the top for the run to the local super market to get the milk in.

So how expensive would in install cost?

Can you run nitro on the street?
    My Rides:
    2014 Gen F HSV GTS Auto in Sting Red;
    2015 VW Golf R Mk7 DSG in Lapiz Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqa View Post
    So how expensive would in install cost?
    If you really want to run it, speak to your tuner. Refilling the bottles will long outweigh the cost of the install

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdoggydogg View Post
    Can you run nitro on the street?
    In WA this is the law...

"Nitrous oxide injection systems must not be fitted. This prohibition includes a partial installation or a disconnectable nitrous oxide system that is fitted to the vehicle ready for use."

So even if you're found with the lines and bottle not hooked up, you'll still cop the fine.
    I believe it slightly varies (or used to vary) state to state but most are pretty similar. I think some used to allow the system as long as it wasn't hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    If you really want to run it, speak to your tuner. Refilling the bottles will long outweigh the cost of the install

In WA this is the law...

"Nitrous oxide injection systems must not be fitted. This prohibition includes a partial installation or a disconnectable nitrous oxide system that is fitted to the vehicle ready for use."

So even if you're found with the lines and bottle not hooked up, you'll still cop the fine.
    I believe it slightly varies (or used to vary) state to state but most are pretty similar. I think some used to allow the system as long as it wasn't hooked up.
    Ok thanks for that. I’m not sure of the legality in NZ either to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqa View Post
    Ok thanks for that. I’m not sure of the legality in NZ either to be honest
    Page 10. You would need to have your car certified after installing NOS
    https://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/s...onversions.pdf
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Thread Information