HSV Forum

VE AP Calipers on HSV VZ GTO

Hello all from sunny (at the moment) England.

I have an HSV GTO (Monaro VXR) and have taken a punt on a set of front 4 pot AP calipers and 2 piece 362mm discs. It turns out the calipers are VE fitment. Will they or can I make them fit the GTO?

Many thanks

Myles

Different offset and positions vt through vz the rear caliper is on the rear side of the rotor and the front caliper is towards the front of the rotor

On ve both front and rear calipers are towards the rear of the rotor.

Im probably being a little confusing but in short they wont directly bolt up no. May be able to get a conversion bracket

Cheers Zachary - I think I've pretty much given up on the idea!

Have a look at this older thread by Jaba as he fitted late model Brembos to his VZ Senator.
    http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthrea...ator&highlight

You can get ones to suit your car ap racing have a 6pot front 4 pot rear 362mm 343mm respectively my maloo has them from factory would probably be cheaper than trying to doctor ve ones

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyjaiden View Post
    You can get ones to suit your car ap racing have a 6pot front 4 pot rear 362mm 343mm respectively my maloo has them from factory would probably be cheaper than trying to doctor ve ones
    I wouldn't think cheaper as they are very hard to come by and the last set I saw on ebay went for $4k and needed new rotors and pads.
    I have them on my Senator and bought the kit new in 2009 for $2990 through my local Holden dealer at wholesale.
    Still have the original 2 pot 330 VZ brakes as I kept them for my sons VY but he sold the car before we fitted them so decided to keep them.
    You can buy whole VE HSV setup for under $2k these days, just need adapters for the calipers and proper size VT-VZ rotors.
    Last edited by surfwagon; 16-05-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks for that, do you have any links to the brackets to fit the VE AP calipers to the GTO VZ?

I believe you also need new rotors. The hub and wheel stud sizes are different on the VE so you need rotors to suit those on the car but in the right diameter to suit the caliper...362mm would be ok provided the thickness is the same as what the VY-VZ run. I actually didn't think the VE ran 362mm, I remember them being 350mm or 365mm. Not sure what rears you're wanting to use?

From what I've heard the brackets aren't cheap as the people that make them usually want to sell it all as a kit. May have changed over time though

I think I'll be moving these on then; I have other projects that I'd like to spend cash on. Are the VE AP calipers in demand in Australia?

Thread Information