HSV Forum

Page 2 of 5 First << 1234 ... Last >>
    Just got home and haven't had the chance to click through White Lies link yet.
    But as poor as some of us (me included) think the HSV new fleet might be I think Ryan and Co spearheading HSV should be commended for keeping Australians employed. They may be flogging a dead horse but at least they are trying. Only time will tell..

Nah pickles I haven't been to the new facility but I've worked in an aircraft engine shop and mechanics for years so can understand the effort thats needed. Though In comparison to a 3rd party conversation im not sure what extra miles they will be going to. Did you get info on this?
    Being in W.A. a tour is probably out the question anytime soon but it sound like great fun.

Yeah Smitty I doubt Ford are worried about this poaching Mustang sales.
    Last edited by Audi; 12-05-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    There is a later article than that from the same site, May 10th, confirming manual only.
    Pickles.
    NB: Like I've said before, I don't know what other Camaro conversions have been like, but HSV's process, which has been designed in conjunction with GM, is MASSIVE. If you can get the opportunity to see what is involved, just do it, you will not believe the detail & complexity until you see it.
    Pickles.
    BOO BOO by me, I should have said AUTO only!
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    Just got home and haven't had the chance to click through White Lies link yet.
    But as poor as some of us (me included) think the HSV new fleet might be I think Ryan and Co spearheading HSV should be commended for keeping Australians employed. They may be flogging a dead horse but at least they are trying. Only time will tell..

Nah pickles I haven't been to the new facility but I've worked in an aircraft engine shop and mechanics for years so can understand the effort thats needed. Though In comparison to a 3rd party conversation im not sure what extra miles they will be going to. Did you get info on this?
    Being in W.A. a tour is probably out the question anytime soon but it sound like great fun.

Yeah Smitty I doubt Ford are worried about this poaching Mustang sales.
    "3rd party "conversation" "?..Not sure what you mean by that, or did you mean "conversion"?.....either way I don't know, just that GM Detroit have been involved from inception.
    W.A.?! Yeah, well it's a fair way to travel, but I reckon that if you told your HSV Dealer you were coming over, they could arrange something.....it would be worth your while, if you were coming over.
    Pickles.

I hope there's no Evan Greens around, they'll have these band in 2 minutes flat. Certainly not a machine for the novice, I like it��

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    all the C63s are autos
    You sell the AMG a little short don't you? The GM auto shifts like the old school slush box that it is. The AMG is a multi clutch box and shifts much faster than an auto as a result. It's also a lot better calibrated than the GM product, in all driver modes.
    I'd also never own a manual again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    You sell the AMG a little short don't you? The GM auto shifts like the old school slush box that it is. The AMG is a multi clutch box and shifts much faster than an auto as a result. It's also a lot better calibrated than the GM product, in all driver modes.
    The 8 speed in the Camaro shifts faster than a 911

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    No, wasn't trying to sell it short, just saying I guess, because we were talking about manuals & autos, that the C63 was not a "manual"!
    We bought a new C63 Performance Pack a few years ago,....yes, a pretty special machine!
    Pickles.

Manuals will go the way of the dodo.

Try and buy a Porsche, Ferrari etc in manual!!

Quote Originally Posted by Provk View Post
    Manuals will go the way of the dodo.

Try and buy a Porsche, Ferrari etc in manual!!
    Didn't Porsche remove all manuals from their 911 991 range (with the exception of a limited edition 911 R) and then return them due to customer demand?

Thread Information