HSV Forum

Page 5 of 5 First << ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
    After being on track with these supercars and high priced luxury performance cars I quickly realised how heavy the GTS is
    I drove it as hard as I could ,I had the brake overheat warning showing up on the dash (didn't know it had one until then),Oil temps at 150C,IAT2 temps at 55C.I had brand new NT05 tyres which held up for 5 of the 6 sessions then it wouldn't corner as the tyres just got too hot
    The problem with all HSV cars is they are not designed from the ground up to be performance cars they are a sedan with performance parts on them.
    i went head to head with an AMGC63 Black for 15 minutes and he couldn't pull away and I couldn't pass him,until I had my 2 front tyre valves start to leak air and had to pull in
    Imo manual cars are fun to drive for 15 minutes but quickly become a chore especially if your tired after a hard day at work,all of the High end European cars are autos with manual selection.All of these cars are worth well over 200k with the Mclarens being over 1 Million $$ before it is landed here ( i asked the owner , he had 3 of them)
    HSV are relatively cheap when compared to these cars but they are passenger cars first not race cars
    Just by having a manual trans doesn't make you a race driver or an auto but for the money the autos go along way
    Manuals are slower at the drags,slower at the track and heavy on the clutch to take the power, manuals are a dying breed.
    We are in 2018 not the 1970s with Borg Warner 4 speed trans and Banjo diffs..........
    That's a sensible write up and I agree. HSVs compare almost with C63s. Almost. You chased an old W204 C63 by the sounds of it. The current W205 has more power and the comparison between that and my Senator is like chalk and cheese. The AMG kills the HSV. As you know, the rest of the cars there on the day are even faster and I get that you are not comparing your car to them. 'Autos' are fine, fast and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    That's a sensible write up and I agree. HSVs compare almost with C63s. Almost. You chased an old W204 C63 by the sounds of it. .
    Was a 2017 model,but mine has close to 600kw which made it fun

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
    Was a 2017 model,but mine has close to 600kw which made it fun
    Haha, yeah ok. I was thinking stock v stock. Your 600kw would level the playing field. The 63 may have been modified too, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by airag View Post
    But hey Surfnturf , I'm envious of your track day experience in your HSV all that exotic machinery ... would have been fantastic fun so good on ya .
    Some pictures and video of the track
    http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthrea...nd-in-SA/page3

Thread Information