HSV Forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last >>

HSV Camaro only in AUTO!?

Woah, that ****ing sucks. A car aimed at circuit tracks and it's coming here in auto only?
    Anyone else think that's a big mistake?

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/201...y-in-australia
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

THAT is a very negative article.
    I suggest any potential judgement of what will be the finished product wait until that product is FINISHED,.....and then make their judgement.
    And once again, HSV are NOT targeting their Camaro against Mustang,.....they are not,......they are confident they have a very good product, which will stand up on its own......wait & see.
    Pickles.

I didn't walk away thinking it was negative, just laying the fact on the table. Hear what you are saying though.
    Admittedly HSV sell more autos than manuals but I would have thought on a sports car like this manual would be the go.
    Sure in a Lambo or Ferrari go a tricked out auto. But does this 7 speed setup hold up in sports mode?
    Maybe I'm just misinformed as I haven't driven any of the current auto stuff :s

I thought it was always well known they're only doing autos with a rumour of a possible manual in 6 months or so time

I spoke to 2 dealers earlier in the year & the dealers both said that HSV are only doing auto Camaro,
    with no foreseeable manual in the pipeline???
    Manual too hard to engineer into right hand drive so they reckon....
    Be interesting to see in 12 months time if a manual is offered, and with what excuse???
    Because anything that HSV claim you can take with a grain of salt...
    My opinion is HSV will say anything to get the sale on the day.
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

Yeah sounds legit TPKW30. Sad isn't it when the media is so behind the pace.
    Was there an article you'd seen it on way back Chris?

Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    I didn't walk away thinking it was negative, just laying the fact on the table. Hear what you are saying though.
    Admittedly HSV sell more autos than manuals but I would have thought on a sports car like this manual would be the go.
    Sure in a Lambo or Ferrari go a tricked out auto. But does this 7 speed setup hold up in sports mode?
    Maybe I'm just misinformed as I haven't driven any of the current auto stuff :s
    I hear you!!
    The Camaro is 8 speed, not 7, and of course it comes with paddle shift etc, and all the different "modes".
    No manual? I think it's just the way the world is changing, most of the GTSRs were autos, I know many People, including myself, that wouldn't dream of going back to a manual.
    Our GTSR is an auto, most of then were, and it does a ripper job,....very relaxed, smooth & easy in Melbourne's shocking traffic, but when ya put the pedal to the metal, it's excellent.
    I think it's just that things have "moved on" from the days of the 308 when ya had around 190KW & a weak 3 or 4 speed auto. Now we've got cars with 400KW+, & some with a lot more & strong, precise multi speed/mode autos to go with them,..I reckon it's a completely different ball game.
    I always liked a manual V8, but probably around 2005 I bought a CV8 Monaro S111 (245kw) which was an auto, just great to drive, so when we bought our VZ GTO we went for the auto, which was great with the LS2, all the C63s are autos, & wifeys RS3 is a 7sp. DSG, so I reckon HSV would look at all that, also what sells in the States etc, and then do what they do.
    I can't remember if you said you'd visited Walkinshaw Park to see Camaro build?
    Pickles.

Most of the articles I read back in Dec/Jan all said the initial launch was with the 8 speed auto and the possibility/hope of manual.

Along the lines of this article

http://performancedrive.com.au/specs...t-camaro-2015/

A lot of articles said HSV were aiming to have the manual on launch but as said, I'm not sure they're coming at all.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Most of the articles I read back in Dec/Jan all said the initial launch was with the 8 speed auto and the possibility/hope of manual.

Along the lines of this article

http://performancedrive.com.au/specs...t-camaro-2015/

A lot of articles said HSV were aiming to have the manual on launch but as said, I'm not sure they're coming at all.
    There is a later article than that from the same site, May 10th, confirming manual only.
    Pickles.
    NB: Like I've said before, I don't know what other Camaro conversions have been like, but HSV's process, which has been designed in conjunction with GM, is MASSIVE. If you can get the opportunity to see what is involved, just do it, you will not believe the detail & complexity until you see it.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    I thought it was always well known they're only doing autos with a rumour of a possible manual in 6 months or so time
    no.. HSV themselves as well as motoring .com.au, caradvice .com.au
    and other motoring media reported when they first announced it,
    that it would be available with BOTH auto and manual trans

Given that the current GM auto fitted to the last HSVs is a bucket of puss
    and the Camaro is using a slightly newer version, there are plenty (me included)
    who would not even look at an auto version

Ford must be pissing itself LARFING... the Camaro in no way will be seen as a
    Muzzy competitor by the market. I wonder why HSV are even bothering
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Thread Information