HSV Forum

Page 3 of 5 First << 12345 Last >>
    Best tyre currently on the market for our cars IMO. Glad youíre happy with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 VR GTS
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

285ís are the business, but itís a tight fit, especially when lowered...

1994 VR GTS
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Best tyre currently on the market for our cars IMO. Glad you’re happy with them

Most definitely man, grip is insane. Just looking at the tyre tread and tread wear rating you could definitely be fooled into thinking it’s just another all season tyre that’s a jack of all trades but master at none. This is where years of RnD come into play with Michelin’s large budget. So, so happy with my purchase.
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller, Lid spacer, 12L res. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre.

Awesome thanks for the review mate, im in the same boat right now and tossing up between the Nitto Nt05 or the Michelin PS4S.

Think il just go the Michelin route, hope its worth the money ahahah.

cheers.

Nice Ride mate, love the clubbies in Black ! ( Although a pain to keep clean they do look the best just after a good detail )

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    Awesome thanks for the review mate, im in the same boat right now and tossing up between the Nitto Nt05 or the Michelin PS4S.

Think il just go the Michelin route, hope its worth the money ahahah.

cheers.
    You definitely won't regret it man, you'll be surprised just how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsy View Post
    Nice Ride mate, love the clubbies in Black ! ( Although a pain to keep clean they do look the best just after a good detail )
    Thanks mate! 100% man hahaha, For that 24 hours or less you'll have the best looking car on the road :P
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller, Lid spacer, 12L res. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre.

Any updates ?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsy View Post
    Any updates ?
    Yes! I have bought a chiller, reservoir, lid spacer, and blower spacer plates from Kirk. I’ve installed an N-Gauge which is really helpful, anyone on the fence about it you won’t regret buying it. I’ve also picked up -12 AN braided hose and fittings for the chiller system, I’ll be installing the chiller in the next month, just waiting on a set of crimpers.

I did buy a Harrop intake from Torqueline Garage, but Jesus Christ what a headache those people should not be running a business, I’ve had to cancel the order. So intake and tune is being pushed back until after the chiller is installed. Very interested to see what times I can run with full chiller spec on a street tyre only.

Quote Originally Posted by adzy_b View Post
    Yes! I have bought a chiller, reservoir, lid spacer, and blower spacer plates from Kirk. Iíve installed an N-Gauge which is really helpful, anyone on the fence about it you wonít regret buying it. Iíve also picked up -12 AN braided hose and fittings for the chiller system, Iíll be installing the chiller in the next month.

Nice work mate ive got the spacer plates also for the charger and headers.. i got it done when i got my harrop intake and tune done by Russo..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Updates:

So I installed my FI Interchiller lid spacer about 2 months ago. It was very easy to install, about 1 hour, and the car definitely felt quicker as sometimes when laying a set unless it was 20'C or less ambient temp the car would struggle to hold 3rd gear sitting brake. After the lid spacer was installed she has absolutely no problems holding 3rd! Absolutely awesome mod, and dollar-per-power is probably one of the best out there. Anyone who is on the fence or has heard negative reviews about Kirk's Lid Spacer go and buy one, it is very good.

About 1 week ago I finally got around to installing my FI Interchiller Chiller, 12L insulated reservoir, and also went about ordering parts and tools to use -12 braided hose and fittings. Although Kirk sells a -16 hose kit which would've made it nice and easy I just wanted to figure it out myself and give it a go, and thought using a smaller OD hose would make it easier to fit in places it had to be routed. Anyone thinking of using -12 hose, the only problem I found was getting it on the IC pump as the bungs are the same size as the ID of the hose, but it has the bevel which can make it a bit of a struggle, best way to get it on is remove the pump and lightly sand back the bevel with 120 grit just make sure there is still some material left to get a good seal. Lightly apply some rubber grease to both the inside of the hose and the barbs on the pump and then begin working it on there, mine went on in about 5-10 seconds. Once its on just leave it on there for about 20-30 minutes and it will begin to take that shape, after that it goes on a piece of cake.

Installing everything was a very time consuming process, and the instructions not being updated in certain parts did cost me a bit more time, but everything worked out well in the end and I'm pretty stoked I did most of it by myself with my dad helping me when he could. I can't speak highly enough of my auto sparky Don and his crew at Russ Gracie Auto Electrics, awesome crew to work beside who were more than happy to lend me tools I didn't have which were Snap-On half the time or when I needed another pair of hands. I also have to give a mad shoutout to Cronic Customs who supplied me the -AN hose/fittings/tools and also did my welding, another awesome crew of people who were happy to help me and delivered things I needed overnight rather than a week later like usual in WA.

My first time ever making up AN Fittings was definitely a learning curve as I used cutter-style fittings, next time I would use taper-style after watching a few videos they seem a lot more user-friendly. I did destroy one of the bungs on the reservoir by not paying enough attention and cross-threading both the bung and the fitting after trying to fix something, which meant I had to drop all the coolant out of the res and take it to be re-welded = big hurt. Had everything fixed and put back into the car, silly me putting the windshield cowling all back together before starting, pump lost its prime! There goes another hour and a half.

Finally I had everything fixed and put back together and now it was my first actual drive using the chiller. Man it gets cold quick! Using the cabin AC and the chiller I sit at about 17'C or colder depending on ambient temp, a quick squirt and it's definitely made the car faster. I decided to go for a bit of a drive and used the cabin solenoid to switch it over to chiller only, I managed to get it down to -5'C in 15'C ambient temp during about 30 minutes of driving, so I pulled over for some VMax action and good god it makes the power now! I can't wait to get to the Plex to see what she can pull. I also decided to see what difference the res makes on its own, so I turned off the AC and drove to grab a coffee about 5 minutes away, over 10 minutes of driving not being able to go over 60kmh I saw a 4'C increase in temperature with ambient temp at about 17'C, pretty decent in my book.

I didn't get around to installing the blower spacer plates as I had to drive the car the day I finished the install, but my plan is to get a timeslip with the current setup which is now chiller, 12L res, lid spacer, sitting on Pilot Super Sports in factory size. After I get some seat time, I'll install the spacer plates and give it another go, then I'll install a harrop airbox, spark plugs to suit, and get it tuned. I have noticed she does tend to run a bit rough on cold starts, and I can no longer hear the exhaust pops on startup hot or cold, no big deal I'll just wait to get it tuned.

Thread Information