Page 4 of 6 First << ... 23456 Last >>
    Awesome review mate, well done on the install

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Did you get a timeslip with the car in factory form? Would be good to see the difference between factory setup and now

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by commander_dan View Post
    Did you get a timeslip with the car in factory form? Would be good to see the difference between factory setup and now

------------------------------------------------------

I unfortunately never got around to going to the Plex in stock form, but I did go to last week's WAW with the current setup. I went there as the car was, full tank of petrol, Pilot Super Sport in std size at 38psi, I just wanted to see what the car would run and get a baseline to improve against. I tried a few different methods to get it off the line but was just blowing tyres all day, regular Drive and sports shift with no traction control aid, regular Drive got off the line easier but wasn't very quick I think I did 13s+ at 110mph, with 2s 60' from memory. Sport shift at this power level in my view is where the quickest times are, but grip is the major issue at staging I did quite a few 14.5+ second pa sses all above 110mph but 2.3+ second 60'.

I was about to pack it in and go home as I had to be up early for ANZAC day so I decided to do one last pa ss, in all honesty I had no idea about what to do for a burnout, less or more heat? 2nd, 3rd or into 4th gear? So as I was coming up to a burnout there was a VF GTS in front of me which was cammed and had exhaust etc. so well above my power level and he was running a std size street tyre so I watched what he was doing and he got well into 4th gear from what I heard, so I decided I'd do the same. Staged up the car but this time eased into the throttle, the car finally hooks up! Best pa ss of the night! (T120)

That was my 6th ever pa ss at the drags, with a setup not ideal at all. My plan is to go again but this time drop the psi in my rears to 25psi or less and leave my house with 3/4 tank of fuel as all up I used about half a tank driving there and back home and racing, and I left the car running the wh ole time I was waiting to stage up so the chiller could do its thing. Using the comp solenoid for the chiller I was seeing about 13'C while idling, I saw a max of about 35'C odd from memory at the end of the track which is perfect for the untuned ECU. I'm not sure if my engine fans were coming on very frequently and I wasn't really worried anyway considering the temps, but next time I'll turn the solenoid on about 20 mins before I get to the plex. Ambient temp was 24'C.

All in all it was an awesome night, the bug has definitely bitten and I can't wait to get out there again!

Anyone running a std size street tyre, what is the best 60' time you've achieved at close to stock power level?
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller, Lid spacer, 12L res. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre.

My best 60ft was 1.914 on kumho ku39 @38psi standard size 275 35 20. Next time I'll reduce pressure to 25psi and see what happens.

That's just a LS3 + exhaust/intake/tune putting out 407rwhp

T25

How were you launching the car man? I found I had to ease into the throttle to get anywhere couldn't just bury it, on a street tyre anyway. I went to WAW again on Wednesday night and was getting quicker with every pa ss, I definitely want to get a set of radials before I go back now so I'm not destroying expensive road tyres all the time.

I used the compressor the car comes with to drop the psi in the rear tyres too, it has a fairly accurate gauge as my dad has a really accurate gauge on his compressor at home that I checked it against. I dropped them to 25 psi and that helped hugely! I'm into the 1.8s 60' range, and getting really close to an 11s pa ss, radials should get me there.

2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller, Lid spacer, 12L res. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre.

Much stronger MPH than the previous runs. Get a tune in to it, even on standard boost will be a very different car..but a little more wouldn't hurt that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Much stronger MPH than the previous runs. Get a tune in to it, even on standard boost will be a very different car..but a little more wouldn't hurt that's for sure
    ----------------------------------------------------

Thanks mate, definitely getting the hang of it now I think! Hahaha yep Harrop airbox + plugs and a tune is next on the cards for power, I'm considering either 28 or 34% overdrive atm for boost. I said to myself I wouldn't upgrade the cam in this car as I can't be bothered with getting pulled over every time I take the car out but I am considering an LS9 cam with factory idle, then chuck the bi-modal fuse back in; although I may only do that if something happens to the valvetrain

Double post
    Last edited by commander_dan; 06-05-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Thread Information