HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Adam's LSA Clubbie

Hey everyone,

My name's Adam.

I thought I'd post up my 2016 LSA Clubsport. I bought it second hand with 9500kms on the clock, it's auto with paddle shifters. I'm extremely impressed/happy with the job HSV have done. I actually quite liked the series 2 VE interior, but this is just next level. My one and only gripe is I wish it had Apple CarPlay, I used it in my family members cars and it really makes a difference in day to day things.

Currently stock, I'm planning on doing the following:

-Harrop CAI
    -28% OD crank pulley
    -ID850x injectors
    -KenneBell BAP
    -FI Lid spacer, spacer plates, res, race chiller
    -275/45r18 MT's wrapped over Koya sf05

down the track, who knows!?

The plan for the build was to retain the stock catback, gearbox, converter, diff + ratio, and as a last resort for a 10s pass change over the headers or HF cats. I want to keep it as close to factory sound, look, and feel, as possible. My previous car was a manual 2012 VE SS Ute, usual bits - cam, full exhaust, wheels, coilovers. That was my first car, I loved it quite a lot I Learnt my lesson with that car, now I just want something easy to drive, be able to take mum to the markets on sunday and do a 10s pass on wednesday without the fuss from police.

I did open the blower up today to change over the isolator. I've done 10500kms now, I was expecting some wear on the shaft, but after cleaning there wasn't any. I know HSV did change the unit back to an updated spring-loaded iso. Can anyone chime in about wear of the new updated isolators, and if it was actually necessary, or if I should just put the old one back in when I open it up again?

One thing I did notice when I changed the isolator was that the car idled a bit crap on startup but was normal after a minute or two. Took it for a grandma drive and everything was OK, random? Will check idle tomorrow morning.

Please comment. Thanks for looking.

Cheers!!
    Last edited by adzy_b; 15-04-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Welcome to the forum, car looks great.
    The rough idle is likely from disconnecting various sensors whilst doing the isolator.
    The ECU is learning again and it should be fine again now.

The 10sec pass is certainly possible our stage 2 track package has ran a best of a 10.68 with the mods you have listed with headers bolted to the stock exhaust.
    In the current hotter weather NickGTS has gone 10.81 @131.57mph and the Senator is about 40kg heavier than his GTS.
    Come winter he should be back to the 10.6-10.7 bracket

Well done on the car sounds like you’ve done most of your homework on the desired mods

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @148.3mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Welcome to the forum, car looks great.
    The rough idle is likely from disconnecting various sensors whilst doing the isolator.
    The ECU is learning again and it should be fine again now.

The 10sec pass is certainly possible our stage 2 track package has ran a best of a 10.68 with the mods you have listed with headers bolted to the stock exhaust.
    In the current hotter weather NickGTS has gone 10.81 @131.57mph and the Senator is about 40kg heavier than his GTS.
    Come winter he should be back to the 10.6-10.7 bracket

Well done on the car sounds like you’ve done most of your homework on the desired mods
    Thanks Kirk! I’ve spoken to you over the FIinterchiller Facebook a few times, really excited to get the chiller happening.

Ahhh that makes perfect sense. Those are some awesome times man, I’ve seen that senator on your page, one quick car hopefully mine will follow suit. Did the noise increase noticeably from the headers??

I’m still trying to figure out ways to create more power cheaply without making it look/sound modified, actually quite hard after these mods have been done.

On the stock Cam the exhaust with cats is actually pretty tame
    It sounds good but certainly not cop bait at all

2017 HSV GTSR

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    On the stock Cam the exhaust with cats is actually pretty tame
    It sounds good but certainly not cop bait at all
    Ok cool, thanks man. I was thinking if I do end up doing headers, I’ll get them ceramic coated in cast iron look. That should deter people thinking it’s modified hopefully.

Here's a picture of my supercharger shaft wear when I removed the updated spring-loaded isolator, car has done 10500kms. Not really that much wear tbh. Anyone seeing similiar?

Inside of the rotor side shaft though, most pictures I'm seeing when people change their isolator, the grease in there is still a nice yellow colour, mine is black with blue.

Should I be worried about anything?

Grease is normal

I’ve got a feeling the “new” spring isolator is one of the following;

1. “Maybe” there is 2 new spring isolators
    2. “Maybe” some cars are effected worse than others

NickGTS replaced his “new” spring isolator at 3500km it was filmed on video rattling away
    The pictures of the shaft also were “quite” worn

Yours is 10000km and has very minor wear

My suspicion is there is 2 “new” isolators
    And based on your findings they still need to be changed

2017 HSV GTSR

Okay sweet as thanks mate, that’s all good info to know. My idle issue is gone like you said too

Update on the car, a few weeks ago a couple mates and I went to a dyno day at Ovaboost Performance here in Malaga, W.A. Decided to put my name down to get a number on a sheet, cant go wrong with $60. It was a nice cool day, perfect for the LSA. There were quite a few good cars (all mostly stock), off the top of my head a C63 which I must say had the loudest exhaust I've ever heard and made 440 odd rwhp, a stock '15 mustang gt which made 298rwhp is about all I can remember. There was a big turn out of cars, some were heavily modified which would've been cool to see on the dyno but I believe a lot of people had problems with them and didnt want to risk running it, or were just happy doing a show'n'shine.

Not bad at all for a stock auto LSA, I was thinking I'd see around the 400 mark. The best bit was, as it was the only one there everyone was frotttttttthing when the car came up which was nice to see
    Last edited by adzy_b; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:58 PM.
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - Stock for now, always clean.

Nice numbers, I have unfortunately missed the NSW and HSVFEST Dyno days this year, hoping to jump on the ACT clubs day coming up and see how I go against the others there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information