HSV Forum

NickGTS Review & Drag Race VIDEO

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @148.3mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Interesting i have similar mods and the Interchiller as well as the Lid spacers.
    Has been tuned and it definitely pulls harder ,it will spin the treads at 70kmh now, can be a handful...
    I have a slightly different set up as I want to have it for Drags and track days
    I have the larger model chiller with the switch so you can divert all the gas to the chiller and nothing in the cabin
    But I have another switch that shuts off the heat exchanger at the front ,I need this when doing track days as airflow will cool the S/C as the A/C will switch off (automatically by the ECU)when above 80% throttle
    I have a question if you can help please.
    If I disconnect the heat exchanger entirely (as track days will only be twice a year) will the IAT2 at the charger be cooler ? The reason for the question is when idling the lowest the IAT2 will be is 9-10C when ambient is about 22C,I have to run it about 1500 rpm to get it to cool any lower than that ?

There are a few tips listed in the “read first PDF” sent out with the chiller on how to get it as cold as possible if you follow these you will get the same/similar results to NickGTS in terms of IAT2.

Other factors can also play a role, as you mentioned you have a HX still NickGTS removed his entirely which obviously gets a faster flow rate of the coolant but also more airflow to the AC condenser.

In terms of achieving various intake temps the ambient temperature and humidity both play a role.
    We’ve seen in the past on a 35c day getting down to 10c IAT2 and then the very next day it’s still 35c same location but the humidity is 100% and can only get to 14-15c IAT2.

Other factors would be the percentage the blower is overdriven by Nicks is 28%

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR

had to go see my Mum today and thought I would take the GTS.Its about 40km away,got half way their and my IAT2 was down to 1C which was great,ambient was 17C. I decided to hop out and have a look as I haven't seen any condensation around my blower since having the chiller installed.And yes it was all covered in beads of condensation. Luv it
    Anyway I have my Tablet showing the IAT2 as im driving, I take off again and then all of a sudden the IAT2 goes to 26C then 40 C then stabilizers at 62C.I thought what......
    No matter what I did I couldn't get the IAT2 down below 55C I changed the heat exchanger button over so as to use that to cool but nothing,still stayed at 55C all the way and all the way back,even after sitting for 2 hours
    I got home and I could feel through the front lower grill that the A?C was working as I could feel the pipes being cold but wasn't cooling the supercharger lid.Any Ideas on that one as I will have to take it back to the tuner who fitted it ???

Someone put in cheap or very little anti freeze the chiller got so cold you froze it up and block fluid flow entirely.

You need to be using 50/50 AC Delco anti freeze from Holden.
    Freezing point is -37c which you will never hit.

Your temperature differential between IAT2 and the fluid is usually 10c
    So at 1c you had a fluid temp of -9c

After you fix the ratio of anti freeze you will be fine if it ever happens again switch off the AC.
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 16-04-2018 at 01:46 AM.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR

It was me that supplied the wetting agent for the S/C which had no anti freeze in it,I used Penrite 10 TENTHS RACE COOLANT INHIBITOR thinking that i want to get it as cold as possible but forgot about it not having the anti freeze properties in it
    The system works so well It FROZE the lines up.
    I just didn't think .
    I took the car out again today and its all good, I will get the tuner to remove it and then install the A/C Delco stuff.
    Thanks for your Help

Thread Information