Page 3 of 5 First << 12345 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by HSV-105 View Post
    Only need to look at it.
    Think itís just got a shortened diff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Same could be said today, why modify a GTS instead of an SS?
    Answer is obvious, GTS is better.

20 to almost 30 years ago the Q&A was exactly the same. Why modify an SS when a Group A can be bought for not much more (secondhand).
    Yes, but "today" is not 30 years ago.
    I agree with you, back in the day owners modified them to no end - just
    like you say about HSV's of today..
    Today (20/30 years on) people want them standard/original.
    The Group A cars especially - due to their rarity...
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    Agree that is where the money is. Iíd still modify a Group A today though as I like my cars lower louder and faster than factory

2014 Gen-F GTS

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    Today people are still modifying new cars. You cant tell me there isnt any modified VF GTS cars. There are even modified W427s.
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082
    Toy 3 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 4 - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185

My point is made about the harsh comments about the owner modifying a rare vehicle.
    Yes today collectors want genuine original examples but there are quite a few that were modified and thats what people have always done.
    To criticise someone for modifying their car shits me to tears. Its always been done and always will be done.

An example is my mostly original EL GT. Some people like that I drive it some say it isnt original because the tyres, valve caps (yes on the tyres) and exhaust have been changed. These comments have been made even though its not a judged show car.
    Let people enjoy what is theirs and enjoy original cars for what they are and modified vehicles as a tribute to how the owner thinks the car should have been built.

[QUOTE=NZ EVLHSV;193414]Think it

That too

The difference with a Group A, any Group A, is that it is a "Homologation" vehicle, built to a set of very particular, non negotiable, rules, ....the value IS, because it is a "Homologated Group A",....take away any of the homologated parts, particularly the engine, and it ain't a homologation car any more, nor will it retain its value any more.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    , nor will it retain its value any more.
    Pickles.
    Well this price says otherwise.

My 1st Group A was modified and I sold it close to what others were goimg for. I could have got more but I wanted it gone very quick.

Being a Group A or some other collectible doesnt automatically give it high value. There are many more considerations that come into it before big dollars change hands.
    Of the 302 Group A cars sold, not all will command the huge money and thats modified or standard.

I think a Cannonball Run Group A that was modified would have some desirability due to the nature of the race. This car in question will get good dollars too. Recently a flooded and seized VS GTSR sold for over $100k.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    The difference with a Group A, any Group A, is that it is a "Homologation" vehicle, built to a set of very particular, non negotiable, rules, ....the value IS, because it is a "Homologated Group A",....take away any of the homologated parts, particularly the engine, and it ain't a homologation car any more, nor will it retain its value any more.
    Pickles.
    The current owner has many stock HSVís including ones with little to no kms that donít get driven, ie VS GTS-R #001 that still has its pre-delivery stickers on it, the GTS-R Coupe Concept and Tom Walkinshawís personal Panorama Silver W427. He also has a bunch of modified HSVís that get driven. Some would say itís the best of both worlds.

This car isnít going to go to a purest, but there is a market for cars modified in this way, and itís probably appeals to people who have more than one HSV and donít give a stuff about future values. The market is obviously smaller than the factory original cars though

2014 Gen-F GTS

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Today people are still modifying new cars. You cant tell me there isnt any modified VF GTS cars. There are even modified W427s.
    You missed my point - yes, there are shed loads of modified VF HSV's - "today"
    In 30 years time when they are rare, people will want them showroom stock - the hotted up
    one's wont be as desirable to a collector, and the collector is the buyer that will pay the big DOLLARS...
    The modified, butchered car wont appeal to a collector.

Like today, the VN Group A we're talking about may be sensational - but the cashed up
    collector wont touch it.
    I'm not knocking this particular car - just giving an maturer opinion.

I know in the HDT community, good, original matching number cars are where its all at desirability wise.

And with desirability comes supply & demand, and low supply, ORIGINAL cars, brings the big dollars....

Modded, non matching number cars are bought by people who cant afford the good ones..
    These cars (the not so good ones) are anywhere up to 50% plus cheaper than the original cars.
    The money being spent bring HDT's back to their original glory is mind blowing..

Gees, do you know any Ford GT owners - go hit them up with a Ford version of this car..
    You would be the laughing stock of the Ford community.......
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Thread Information