HSV Forum

Page 4 of 5 First << ... 2345 Last >>
    Not all people who buy these cars cant afford the original versions. Some (like me) prefer ones that still hit the road. Slightly modified suits me. So do higher Km.
    The reason i dont like low km cars is I like to use them and i dont mean once a month or once a year, i mean whenever I want.
    Last year my GT (1 of 272 Tickford 30th Anniversary) went on a 4000km family holiday. If I bought another Group A (or SV5000 or VP GTS) it would do the same. I cant stand the thought of mothballing cars
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 3 - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual

Daily - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Project - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Not all people who buy these cars cant afford the original versions. Some (like me) prefer ones that still hit the road. Slightly modified suits me. So do higher Km.
    The reason i dont like low km cars is I like to use them and i dont mean once a month or once a year, i mean whenever I want.
    Last year my GT (1 of 272 Tickford 30th Anniversary) went on a 4000km family holiday. If I bought another Group A (or SV5000 or VP GTS) it would do the same. I cant stand the thought of mothballing cars
    100% agree and I’m the same re modding and using my cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 VR GTS
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    You missed my point - yes, there are shed loads of modified VF HSV's - "today"
    In 30 years time when they are rare, people will want them showroom stock - the hotted up
    one's wont be as desirable to a collector, and the collector is the buyer that will pay the big DOLLARS...
    The modified, butchered car wont appeal to a collector.

Like today, the VN Group A we're talking about may be sensational - but the cashed up
    collector wont touch it.
    I'm not knocking this particular car - just giving an maturer opinion.

I know in the HDT community, good, original matching number cars are where its all at desirability wise.

And with desirability comes supply & demand, and low supply, ORIGINAL cars, brings the big dollars....

Modded, non matching number cars are bought by people who cant afford the good ones..
    These cars (the not so good ones) are anywhere up to 50% plus cheaper than the original cars.
    The money being spent bring HDT's back to their original glory is mind blowing..

Gees, do you know any Ford GT owners - go hit them up with a Ford version of this car..
    You would be the laughing stock of the Ford community.......
    All very true mate, show me a GROUP A today that makes REALLY BIG dollatrs, and it will be 100% original......the figures are there for all to see,....wait for the DÁlberto auction,....ORIGINAL low k Group As,....wait for the prices???!!!....Who wants to make some predictions?
    Pickles.

The definition of "Really big dollars" changes every year.
    Depends if you buy before the bubble, during or after.

Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Good article on the current owners collection and some comment on what he would and wouldn't modify.

ttps://www.motormag.com.au/features/1707/australia’s-best-hsv-collection

Hope the link works.

Pretty sure #002 GTSR in that collection was a Western Australian car years ago with twin throttle bodies and Coulson style headrests.

Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    All very true mate, show me a GROUP A today that makes REALLY BIG dollatrs, and it will be 100% original......the figures are there for all to see,....wait for the DÁlberto auction,....ORIGINAL low k Group As,....wait for the prices???!!!....Who wants to make some predictions?
    Pickles.
    Not wrong there Martin, a few fetching over 300k

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Not wrong there Martin, a few fetching over 300k
    Spot on, Walkinshaw $340K, VK Group A $305K,...PLUS buyers premium (whatever that is), the 4 Group As all made good dollars, and they were all 100% original.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Spot on, Walkinshaw $340K, VK Group A $305K,...PLUS buyers premium (whatever that is), the 4 Group As all made good dollars, and they were all 100% original.
    Pickles.
    Buyers premium... generally 10% of the purchase price added to the buy price (also known as the auctioneers commission)

although I have seen it at 15% at art auctions (ouch)

plus of course, there is the question of GST here (as some of these would be classified as new, possibly subject to GST )
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

I thought gst would be added regardless as from an auction house they would as they are a business

Thread Information