HSV Forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last >>

VN Group A SS with 34000km

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/aspl...kms/1179008782

Looks genuine but not 100% original (wheels and brakes) Great km.
    GRPA55 $137500
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082
    Toy 3 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 4 - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185

Don't know anything about this car, but IMHO they are only worth big dollars if they are 100% original, which includes the original engine & its special crankshaft,....what is with the exhaust on this car?
    Pickles.

.. will give 'em $37 for it

wheels are screwed (why do ppl change them?) , dash will have holes from that ridiculous gauge
    and some wanker has hacked the rear bar to have some weird exhaust set up
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

I'd be worried that the teenager who owned it has changed a lot more that cant be seen.
    The wheels fair enough, maybe get away with the exhaust, but phuck me, who goes &
    puts those gauges in a car like that...
    Each to their own I suppose.
    I'm no expert but I think its at least 65% overpriced & that's if you would even touch
    it in the first place - for that sort of money you would want it to be 1000% original,
    let alone modified by a juvenile..........................
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    I'd be worried that the teenager who owned it has changed a lot more that cant be seen.
    The wheels fair enough, maybe get away with the exhaust, but phuck me, who goes &
    puts those gauges in a car like that...
    Each to their own I suppose.
    I'm no expert but I think its at least 65% overpriced & that's if you would even touch
    it in the first place - for that sort of money you would want it to be 1000% original,
    let alone modified by a juvenile..........................
    This man speaks the truth.
    Pickles.

I like the look with the Simmons on it but I agree, it's over priced given the current condition.

Now that it's at a dealer, they'll ask too much and won't have a clue on its history.
    Given its got a CVR water pump and the monster tacho in it, I dare say it's had a little tickle.

Tough crowd especially considering most people on this site have modified cars.
    I am guessing this car would have been modified when they were cheaper. I had a Walkinshaw that had the engine rebuilt for a heap more grunt and a massive Alpine system installed back in the 90s plus a custom exhaust coz the factory system was junk.
    It would affect collector value today but who really gave a f@ck at the time? I certainly didnt.
    There are modified VFs all through this site and no one calls them out as w4nkers etc so why is this person one?
    That rear bumper (if modified) would be so slight. The VN Group A and VP GTS rear hung down on the left and right but was raised along most of that bumper. From the factory the exhaust and fuel tank can be seen from behind so im guessing that wouldnt be modified much. If it is it is only fibreglass so its extremely easy to make original.

Im not a fan of non factory guages in any car but that was fashionable once and obviously was when this was modified.
    I am not 100% if ive seen this car in the flesh but im almost certain i did many many years ago on the sunny coast. If it was the same car it had the same wheels but in gold. Sounded as tough as nails.
    I do like it, i just dont like the price
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082
    Toy 3 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 4 - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185

Seen the car in the flesh, consignment sale through this agent. Car is immaculate, guages are easily removed as they are not screwed on!! Stereo is easy to change and as HSVGTS125 said the exhaust and rear bar are no big deal! Car is absolutely spotless and not many have less Km’s! Would be able to return to 100% original!

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    I am guessing this car would have been modified when they were cheaper. I had a Walkinshaw that had the engine rebuilt for a heap more grunt and a massive Alpine system installed back in the 90s plus a custom exhaust coz the factory system was junk.
    It would affect collector value today but who really gave a f@ck at the time? I certainly didnt.
    There are modified VFs all through this site and no one calls them out as w4nkers etc so why is this person one?
    That rear bumper (if modified) would be so slight. The VN Group A and VP GTS rear hung down on the left and right but was raised along most of that bumper. From the factory the exhaust and fuel tank can be seen from behind so im guessing that wouldnt be modified much. If it is it is only fibreglass so its extremely easy to make original.

Im not a fan of non factory guages in any car but that was fashionable once and obviously was when this was modified.
    I am not 100% if ive seen this car in the flesh but im almost certain i did many many years ago on the sunny coast. If it was the same car it had the same wheels but in gold. Sounded as tough as nails.
    If I owned a Walky or VN Group A (nearly did actually) I would modify the engine (internal only), brakes, wheels, stereo etc. Its my car, I would want to enjoy it rather than care about what the next guy wants. I would be careful of course and I draw the line at body or interior mods as you then really start to change what it is IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post

I completely agree with what you're saying.
    I've modified mine for me to enjoy, not the next bloke. In its current guise and current market, it's probably worth about the same as if it was original. In another 10 years it would probably be worth more as an original but I'm not looking to sell or make any kind of profit on it

Thread Information