HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

vz gto ls2 linking second hand ecm ?

hi , have purchased a second hand e40ecm that I will be replacing over original and am asking what is the correct
    way to change.
    have all the security codes from my vehicle but this ecm I have purchased does not have its vin available or any other security codes . what would be my option to install thanks.

getting desperate , any help much appreciated .

Have you tried HSV directly ? Surely they can get into it to find the original codes.
    GTSR Maloo Interchiller

Usually if your not a dealer they will not communicate with you for very long .

I think you might be out of luck and need a ecm with a known VIN.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

Is it possible to plug the ecm in, and then hook up a tech2 to try and read the data on the ecm?
    Or won't it communicate at all like that?

I have installed a second hand unit , do have the vin for unit . I have set up account with ac delco , purchased their subscription followed the ecm SPS programming changed the vin over and put all vehicle details and now coming up with an error code
    E2701 No Authorization to program the selected unit.
    Has anyone experienced this message ?

I have installed a second hand unit , do have the vin for unit . I have set up account with ac delco , purchased their subscription followed the ecm SPS programming changed the vin over and put all vehicle details and now coming up with an error code
    E2701 No Authorization to program the selected unit.
    Has anyone experienced this message ?

Do you have the security code for the new PCM? Has the replacement PCM been reset?
    Or do you need to reset your original to unlink it from the car before putting the replacement in?

I do have a security code for the second hand unit , have all my vehicle security codes also . I have hooked up the second hand unit to vehicle and the immobiliser fault is present , haven't got that far with linking modules I guess .
    I would need to SPS the second hand unit , change the vin as it is different to my orig vin and then program the pcm to my original vin first then do the linking to modules and also the security side . Can any one confirm .

Thread Information