HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

VF LED boot lid tail light problem

The brake light on the boot lid is barely lit up and flickering. How are these replaced? Have to replace the whole assembly???
    Last edited by IBLOWN; 16-03-2018 at 06:49 PM.

It was a loose connection somewhere. With a bit of mucking around it randomly came back to life. However, i have a few individual LED’s out. Is there anyone that can replace individual LED’s?

Warranty?

I know the VE's were either send them off to be repaired, or if under warranty, just replace the entire cluster.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    Warranty?

I know the VE's were either send them off to be repaired, or if under warranty, just replace the entire cluster.
    Its stopped working again. Somethings loose inside but i cant get the friggin thing apart!

Its a 2013. Warrantys done. But i did buy it off a car yard (Ford dealer) only a few weeks ago. Wonder if they’ll cover it?

3 month statutory warranty on used cars, well in QLD anyway.

Digging up an old thread, just cant seem to find any more info regarding the LEDs going out on the boot tail lights?? See them so often on the streets and carsales..Anyone have info on fixing them or is it a matter of replacing through holden untill it happens again? Cheers

There is a guy on ebay who repairs VE HSV tailights... He can probably repair them

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-HSV-E...frcectupt=true

Have the same problem with mine. Already had both sides replaced once under warranty but being a 2013 build warranty isn’t an option this time. New assemblies from Holden are bloody expensive.

Has anyone gone to HSV direct to see if they’ll come to the party? I got the impression from the parts sales guy that this is a common problem.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Killawots View Post
    Have the same problem with mine. Already had both sides replaced once under warranty but being a 2013 build warranty isn’t an option this time. New assemblies from Holden are bloody expensive.

Has anyone gone to HSV direct to see if they’ll come to the party? I got the impression from the parts sales guy that this is a common problem.

Cheers
    My 2014 GTS had only 15,000 Klms and Complained to HSV several times last year, only being told that they will only replace (free of charge) up to 1yr after factory warranty. Even tho I've only got 15,000 on the clock, he refused to replace them.

I had mine replaced about a month ago well and truly out of warranty. I've got a 2013 which I've owned since new, took it it to the dealer I bought from and they replaced the both sides entire lighting assembly for labour costs, no parts charges. Cost me $320.

Thread Information