HSV Forum

Page 3 of 6 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    That for sale add is now not available, definitely the car that crashed, wonder if he had insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    That for sale add is now not available, definitely the car that crashed, wonder if he had insurance.
    There would not be a hope in hell of insurance.
    Could imagine the insurance company so let me get the story correct you where listening da rude sand storm you snapped first second tried to bush fire third gear in a 40km school zone at 100km lost control and wrapped the car around a pole hmmmmmmmmm yerr no worries mate we send out a cheque.
    No insurance.
    No registration.
    Neg driving.
    Dangerous driving.
    Endangerment public life.
    If that car is under any finance God help him.

It won’t be insured however he would likely have it repaired, expensive yes but to recoup a 200k car it will be done

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Repaired?? Doubt it, however could recoup some $$ through parts binning?
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

Quote Originally Posted by Senator01 View Post
    Repaired?? Doubt it, however could recoup some $$ through parts binning?
    1000000% not a chance of repairing it and who would buy it every one knows it got wrapped around a pole.

i can see the updated ad now............"for sale Ls9 engine" slightly used, circumstances have now changed. Must Sell. Also wrecking HSV W1 interior only (exterior f$%ked)

Quote Originally Posted by DylanMaloo View Post
    1000000% not a chance of repairing it and who would buy it every one knows it got wrapped around a pole.
    When the car has never been registered or insured it's not going to be put on to any kind of data base showing it being in an accident.

In 1yrs time when a green one is offered up for sale, under a different name, auction house etc nobody will know if it's this one or one that looks like it, plenty of people purchased the W1 with the exact same options.

I'm not defending the guy, but of course he's going to get it repaired, he's not going to get 200k for parts and the repair costs are going to be viewed as spend $X and you have a $200-$250k car again.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Remember last year someone bought a flooded VS GTSR for a 6 figure sum so anything is possible
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082
    Toy 3 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 4 - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    When the car has never been registered or insured it's not going to be put on to any kind of data base showing it being in an accident.

In 1yrs time when a green one is offered up for sale, under a different name, auction house etc nobody will know if it's this one or one that looks like it, plenty of people purchased the W1 with the exact same options.

I'm not defending the guy, but of course he's going to get it repaired, he's not going to get 200k for parts and the repair costs are going to be viewed as spend $X and you have a $200-$250k car again.

Yeah, I agree about him repairing it & it will resurface years from now & no one will be the wiser...

Where I keep my car at Storage King, there is a new AMG Merc that's had a big hit on the right
    front - every air bag has gone off.
    The story goes that a Dr bought the car new & hit a building whilst DUI..
    It has sat in storage now for 4 years waiting to come off lease, and he will then repair it, and probably
    sell it as a super low mileage one owner???......
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Don't know whether it's insured or not.
    But, if it's under finance, I'd say that the financier would require evidence of insurance, in which case their interests may be protected.
    Pickles.

Thread Information