HSV Forum

2012 GTS Gen F Map Update

My GTS is over four years old now, the navigation map was well out of date when I picked up the car. Does anyone have any ideas how I can up date it. The current map is verging on being dangerous.
    Bob

Have you asked your dealer?
    Holden have a "special" on their servicing page for $179 or $126 if you add it to a service. It does say MY14-17 Commodores but I can't see a Gen F GTS being much different?

You can also do the 'dodge' and copy the SD card over if you know of someone with the newer maps

white_lie
    Thanks for the info, I did ask my dealer several time before about an update and they reply was that they were waiting on GMH but so far nothing was available. I will ckeck it out again.
    Bob

2012 GTS Gen F Map Update

Quote Originally Posted by Toxo492 View Post
    white_lie
    Thanks for the info, I did ask my dealer several time before about an update and they reply was that they were waiting on GMH but so far nothing was available. I will ckeck it out again.
    Bob
    Another dealer scam when TomTom for your phone costs $30 for life and they’re already making an average of 64% on your service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mylink maps for Gen F were last updated in Jan 2016 with maps from Feb 2015.

Dealers will try to charge you to "update" to these "latest" already outdated maps.

Complain to Holden customer service about them charging for 3yo maps and you should get the upgrade for free.

The update is done via USB by the dealer and is VIN coded so can't be used on another car. (So I've been told).

Nothing they can do, (or are prepared to do) about the obsolete technology that can't even manage simple tasks such as playing music or making phone calls effectively without regularly crashing and freezing though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using DeX

I like 'em LOUD

Black 5,
    Having Feb 2015 maps would be a small improvement on my current ones, I will check it out, thanks. It sounds like we need a computer guy to sort out this map installation so that we can update the maps ourselves.
    Bob

Black 5,
    Having Feb 2015 maps would be a small improvement on my current ones, I will check it out, thanks. It sounds like we need a computer guy to sort out this map installation so that we can update the maps ourselves.
    Bob

Thread Information