HSV Forum

Page 11 of 11 First << ... 91011

Thread: LSA Camshafts

those bronze ones are the go i done mine and they are so much better, once u get your stock ones out and feel the play they have compared to the bronze ones u will be amazed, then think of the stock ones at 6k+ rpm scary

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    those bronze ones are the go i done mine and they are so much better, once u get your stock ones out and feel the play they have compared to the bronze ones u will be amazed, then think of the stock ones at 6k+ rpm scary
    Totally agree, cheap reassurance.
    Did mine in Senator couple weeks ago as well as a set of dual springs, I beat on my car at drags a lot so few bucks for piece of mind canít beat..
    I had trunnion upgrade in GTS aswell
    Hyundai Accent 1.6 manual (current PB 590kms til fuel redlight!!!)
    GenF2 30yr Senator (stock cam/heads 10.63@131.99)
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (was fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Mick why cant i ever see your pics??

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Mick why cant i ever see your pics??
    There's only meant to be 2 pics there. For some reason a lot of hosts stuff up the IMG tags and it comes up as missing pics.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post

The Yard Stick:
    Firstly I go back to NickGTS's VF GTS, stock cam stock heads ran 10.68 @ 131mph this is a level playing field with all other tuners, workshops, customer cars. He listed his mods, he didn't lie and that's his best ET and MPH. The car was seen by many and it is what it is.

Now for a minute forget about ET....MPH is MPH it does not lie, you either make the claimed HP or you don't and the MPH indicates that, next people will say he has X experience and seat time, go watch the guy race (It's very frustrating at times) so the seat time and experience etc no that is taken out of the equation.
    I seen the videos on youtube...131/132mph for a stock cam LSA picking up 30+mph from mid track?

Going off the calculator the Senator is punching out 801hp...on a stock cam. Is that the one that detonated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca7KxMKZaLY

Quote Originally Posted by howard View Post
    I seen the videos on youtube...131/132mph for a stock cam LSA picking up 30+mph from mid track?

Going off the calculator the Senator is punching out 801hp...on a stock cam. Is that the one that detonated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca7KxMKZaLY
    As per the video the HSV Senator owned by Nick (member of this forum) was consistently a 10.75 car which on a very good cold night went a PB of 10.68

Nick then changed tuners to a US tuner who remote tuned his car, they leaned off the air fuel ratio to squeeze that little bit extra out of it making it run a 10.68-10.72 pretty consistently (obviously at the sacrifice of engine longevity).

Then Nick was asked to run 50/50 water meth at which point the US tuner blew up his engine.

Moral of the story the car was very safe and consistent when it was running 10.75 and should have been left alone, whilst leaning off the fuel netted more HP it was the beginning of the end for his engine.

The exact same combo was run on Nick HSV GTS which had over 120 quarter mile passes running consistently 10.75 and the Senator also had over 100 passes on it too consistently at 10.75 with the same combo until obviously the US tuner fiddled with it.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Thread Information